Chapter 46 Forget Him

Start from the beginning

"My vision has gotten a bit bad," Ember smiled and looked into the file when suddenly Madison came inside with another stack of files and placed in on Ember's table.

"I think I'll have to work overtime today" Ember wined.
"Excuse me, Mr Ember," A woman entered Ember's room.
"Yeah?" Ember smiled at her. She looked at Loraine and bowed her head.
"Well, then I'll be going. Call me once you're done" Loraine said.
"You've got it" Ember smiled.

"Sir, I've made this new proposal for the upcoming anime,"
"I'm sorry, Ms Honi, but we are to strictly follow the manga. That's the artist's request," Ember explained her.
"But sir, at least read it once. It's a really good idea," She insisted.
"Alright, keep it on my table, since you've worked so hard on it, I'll take a look at it" 
"Thank you so much, sir,"

Near the lunch break, Madison brought in the food "It's lunchtime, sir"
"Yeah, just give me a moment" Ember looked through the papers.
"Sir, the food will get cold,"
"Then let it get cold,"
"Yes, sir,"

It was the time for the crash course class too however Ember had completely forgotten about it. By the evening, Ember was done and free. But then he saw the draft Ms Honi had requested him to read. It was a thick file. Ember realised it would take about an hour more to go take a rest. But when he opened it and looked inside, the font seemed smaller than an ant.

Loraine stood at the door, "You coming for dinner?"
"Seems like I won't be getting any sleep tonight, I'll eat later. You guys, go ahead," Ember laughed to himself.
"Remember, you have an evening therapy session after this,"
"I remember," He pressed his finger over his head, "I cannot forget stuff, dummy,"

Loraine smiled.

Rhea applied the brakes just outside Nason's gate and looked at the building, "Holy shit! I do remember the way now, yes! Let me go in and surprise Ember!" She jumped from her bike and parked it outside the building. The guards recognised her and let her in. She smiled as she ran inside. Nason didn't feel like that one intimidating building anymore. It felt like home now. A safe haven.

"What in the bloody hell are you doing here?" Loraine met her right outside the reception gate. She stared at him abruptly and decided to greet him.

"To hell with the evening. You certainly do like shamelessly barging into other people's private spaces, don't you?"Loraine glared at her, "Don't come here again and again, it's troublesome,"
"Why should I listen to what you say? Anyways, I came to meet Ember, not you," She began running to the lift when he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the building.

"What are you doing?!" She yelled.
"Saving my brother from you!" He yelled back.

"Me? What have I done?"
"What do you know about him, huh? Always acting like a smartass, you don't know shit! I have seen him cry because of you because you forgot him. It was so hard to watch. He came here just for you. He has wasted his entire life on you," His eyes were cold, "You're not worth all that. And he's not left with enough strength to carry your ass anymore. His mental health is falling,"

"...What do you mean?" She asked.
"Ember has had hyperthymesia for sixteen years now. All the memories that he has mad made are stored in his brain. People think "Wow, that's so cool! I should have that! Then, I can pass any exam of my life" But that is all to it. And unfortunately, you cannot pass life with this condition.

Hyperthymesia, as cool as it might sound, is still more of a disadvantage than it is an advantage because it leads to depression, causes problems with relationships, and prevents people from living in the present. He needs therapy every three to four years to function normally and all you do is push him further into melancholy. Remember, unlike other people, he cannot get over his past. It's scientifically impossible. All we can do...Is help him his good memories surpass his bad ones,"

Rhea didn't know this reality. Now she knew why Loraine hated her. 

"I won't hurt him, Loraine," Rhea looked at him "I will help you keep him happy,"
"You want him to be happy?"
"I do,"
"Then, do me a favour," He moved towards her, "Forget him, just like you conveniently did, 
Ten years ago,"

-To be continued

Can't I Touch Your Heart? Teach Me The Art of Living

Teach Me The Art of Living