Part 44: Resentment

Start from the beginning

"Jiminie, you look... well..." his mother said timidly taking a step forward.

Jimin was going to take a step back but Yoongi moves slightly behind him so he couldn't, so he could stand his ground and show he wasn't the same scared little kid and that he wasn't going to fall for the same tricks.

She looked at Jimin apologetically which only fuelled his anger.

He knew that his father was mainly the issue but he had a lot of built up resentment because she never removed him from that situation.

So he said "I am well thank you for asking. I'm well with health and I'm exceeding in every aspect of my education. I also have accepted every aspect of myself which I was criticised for when I was younger and discovered more about myself too. I am well in every way I could be considering."

His father scoffed and shook his head, stepping forward, as his wife tugged at his arm pleading "Please don't honey. I want my son back."

This earned another scoff before he began to rant "Stop being such a drama queen. I raised you better. Your grandmother still babies you and fuels you negatively. 'Considering' considering what? Considering the roof you had over your head and all the food you ate. We didn't call you piggy for nothing and look at you now. And your use of the word 'criticised.' Are you sure your excelling in education? Because last time I checked we told you the truth and tried to shape you to be the best person you could be so you'd stop coming home and complaining about being bullied when at the end of the day it was your own fault. Your lucky I still call you my son you fuck up-"

Yoongi growled "I suggest you shut up." Cutting the man off before stating "The only fuck up here is you and I'm not sure in what world you think it's okay to talk to your child like that or even treat him how you have but I'm going to tell you this now. It's not going to continue. I don't care who you are. You will treat him with respect. Do I make myself clear?"

The man stepped forward and so did Yoongi, ignoring the others attempts to size up to him.

Considering Yoongi's height he still easily managed to make the other feel small because of his 'don't give a fuck' attitude and intimidating demeanour.

Jimin's father stepped forward trying to be more dominant and intimidating and said "And who do you think your talking too? Huh?" Trying to size up more.

Yoongi was about to warn him to step back but before he could Jimin spoke.

"Don't talk to my hyung like that. And don't talk to me that way either."

Everyone was shocked that Jimin actually said something since he had been getting more and more quieter and walled.

Jimin moves forward inbetween him and Yoongi and said "You have no right to be here in the first place I just sent the invite to see if you'd come and so I could show how little you mean to me and all of your 'character building' did nothing and just fuelled the flame of me being me."

Jimin was talking confidently but didn't feel it so intertwined his and Yoongi's hands.

Mr Park noticed and shouted "I AM YOUR FATHER. DONT SPEAK TO ME SO DISRESPECTFULLY AND LET GO OF HIS HAND. WHAT ARE YOU? GAY?"

A vein in his neck was starting to pop out and he looked ready to hit someone but Jimin had a confidence boost with Yoongi stood with him, not feeling as small as he used to and knowing he was worth more.

He was confident, brave and smug.

And he knew exactly what he was doing.

"Your right. I am gay. And if you have an issue file it with with your ability to raise a child because I haven't seen that and I'm pretty sure that its clear that I don't want to hear what you have to say."

Jimin leaned back into Yoongi's chest (the same Yoongi who was trying not to have a heart attack with how fast his heart was being from finding out Jimin was gay and getting so close) and tilted his head with a smug smile.

"What are you going to father? Hit me?"

Jimin laughed bitterly and security were already between them so his father couldn't do anything other than yell "YOU AREN'T MY FUCKING SON." Before getting dragged out.

And like that his father was gone leaving only his mother who looked torn, surprising Jimin that she didn't just mindlessly follow him.

She bowed to her son and mother and said "I'm proud of you Jimin. And thank you for taking care of him Eomma. You've grown up into a beautiful young man. Happy birthday. And Jimin's friend? Boyfriend? Thank you for defending him and giving him confidence. I hope to be in touch son. With or without your father. And I'm so sorry for not standing up to him like you have today."

And like that she was gone too leaving Jimin feeling extremely emotional because he knew she wasn't a bad person because at the end of the day she's why he put up with everything for so long.

The party ended leaving Jimin an emotional mess and Mrs Park completely exhausted.

Yoongi said he'd deal with clean up sending the two too bed and being invited to stay over like the original plan was so he did.