Chapter 3: New girl

Author's note: (The start of this chapter takes place just under a year later after the events of Chapter 2. Starting at this chapter, some parts of the story fall in-line with the original timeline, but some parts are still completely non-canon and fan made. That being said, if you're not caught up with TWD, there will be spoilers. I decided to cut out most of the character building because everyone knows these characters. If you don't, go on TWD's wiki and learn about them.

[POV Of Headmaster's Room]

*Marlon and Shawn are in the Headmaster's office. Shawn has his feet kicked up on the couch while Marlon rolled his chair over and it patting Rosie.*

Shawn: You sure love that dog, huh?

Marlon: With the Headmaster gone, someone's got to. Besides, I've always had a soft spot for dogs.

Shawn: Mhm.

*They were both relaxed. As relaxed as you can be when your life could be at threat anytime.*

*Mitch can be heard faintly. He's approaching the door and he doesn't sound happy.*

Mitch: F*ck!

*Mitch comes running through the door and startles everyone even Rosie.*

Mitch: Dave is gone!

*Marlon and Shawn both got serious immediately*

*Shawn sat up*

Shawn: What.

Mitch: Dave left the school. He took most of our supplies and a handful of students with him!

Marlon: Nobody stopped him!? Who left with him!?

Mitch: Not sure who left, but there's not many of us left. We think he left while we were switching shifts on the watchtower. Most of us are normally inside except for the one on watch.

Marlon: Damn him!

Shawn: What supplies did he take?

Mitch: We haven't taken count yet, but most of our medicine, food, and some weapons are gone.

Marlon: Well when did he leave?

Mitch: Hell if I know. Couldn't have been too long ago.

Shawn: And what makes you think that?

Mitch: Brody checked our supplies like 3 hours ago and everything was just fine.

*Shawn and Marlon stopped and got lost in thought.*

Marlon: We have to go after him.

Shawn: Woah, slow down.

Marlon: What do you mean? We need to go after them before they get too far. He has our supplies and went out into the wild blindly! Do you know how dangerous it is past the safe zone?!

*He stopped for a moment.*

Marlon: Where's Louis?! Is he still here?

Mitch: Louis is still here.

*Marlon let out a faint sigh of relief*

*Marlon seemed more angry about them going past the safe zone than anything else. It's as if he knew something dangerous was out there.*

Shawn: Fine

*Shawn sighed*

Shawn: I'm not gonna argue about this one. I know you're right.