chapter 5: assurance

Francine was in her room dressing up for work when she heard a knock on the door.

"Yes, come in."she shouted. Who could that be? she thought and was shocked to see her mom enter the room.She didn't leave the entrance of her room.

"Gud morning mum,"she said in a cool way.

"Morning my daughter." She said patiently." Are you still upset about last night?" She asked even though she knew still was.

Francine didn't answer, she just kept staring at the sole of her feet.

"Well I'm sorry."her mom said awkwardly.

"Oh, it's nothing mum."she said running to hug her mom.

"Alright dear, so come downstairs to eat your breakfast."Her mom said leaving the room. As she was about to close her door, she stopped and said"congrats honey, your sister told me about the case you ve taken up."and she banged the door before Francine could answer.

Ooops, she thought. Trust her sister to have told her mom when she wanted to do the honors herself. Then, she sat on the bed. Her mom knows she doesn't sit to have breakfast before work yet she's extending it as an olive branch.well, she'd just take a little since she's got to get to work very early......... Her alarm suddenly sounded."oh! time is running out." She said and ran downstairs to have a little breakfast before going to work.

↙️↙️↙️↙️↙️↘️↘️↘️

Francine was busy at work when Tola came to her desk.
"Francine, the boss wants to see you."

"Any problem," she asked while closing her laptop.

"I don't know,he only sent me to call you." She said,a bit flustered.

"I'm just surprised he didn't use the intercom."she concluded.

Tola just shrugged and left for her office.

As she was getting up from her seat wondering why the boss sent for her, Daniel leaned close to her and asked"any problem."

"I don't think so,"she replied before leaving for the boss office. When she opened the door after she was told to come in, she saw her boss clutching a tiny ball in his hands and rolling it around.

Ayoola had told her that he only did that when he was nervous or stressed.
This can't be good, she thought.

"Excuse me sir, you sent for me."she said standing straight.

"Have your seat."

"Thanks sir ."she said before taking her seat.

"I know you're probably wondering why I sent for you."

"Yes,sir."she replied, anxious to know why she was sent for.

"Alright, there's a small difficulty about this case........"

"and here comes the reason,"she thought.

"Have you heard of Barr.williams."he queried.

"Of course."she jumped in"one of those hotshot lawyers."

"He's representing Linda."he said squeezing the ball more.

She felt sick immediately.no wonder he was stressed out."U don't have to worry sir, I ll try my best and help him win. He's the best parent for the children.she said with a confidence she doesn't feel.

"I hope so."her boss said uncertainly."but we've got no choice."

"Sir, are you doubting my abilities."

"No, just your experience with one of the best lawyers with tons of experience. After all you are a first class honors."

"Don't worry sir, I ll try my best."

"That's just why I called you to double your research."

"Alright sir."

"You may leave now."

"Ok sir."she said feeling very scared as she left his office.

Book suggestions: roommates by i_am_Princess2

Beautiful people, how did you find my story and please don't forget to comment and vote.

Love uuuuuu.