Diamonds Aren't Forever

You've got to be fucking kidding me! I've only been here for a week and I've collapsed far too many times. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I was at the point in my comatose like state that I could easily wake up now, I was sleeping like you would do normally. I turned over on my side and pulled the covers around my body and tucking it just under my head, like a cocoon.

My eyes opened fast to the sound of someone in my wardrobe. The childish act of hiding under the covers kicked in. But after five minutes, the racket carried on and  I realized I was being a moron, and also that it was getting harder to breath.

I pulled the covers off me and got out the bed. I tiptoed to the slightly ajar door of my wardrobe. A mesmerizing voice was singing softly.

"All those dirty words that you said, did you mean it, did you now.

You're biting at the hand that feeds you, like a stray for some scraps.

Everybody you once knew has turned their backs.

And everyone that you once loved has sold you out." 

I lent against the wall and listened intently as the voice finished the song. The song was so beautiful, and so saddening. As they sang you could hear the pain, the heart-break, the misery, in the voice. I forgot all about what they were doing in my wardrobe. I stood against the wall as I tried to replay the voice in my head, but it didn't do it justice.

"Oliver!" Josh screeched, and brought me out of my daze. "What the hell are you doing out of bed?" He was the one singing. His hands were placed on my back pushed me back to my bed. My skin had erupted into flames, as his hands felt so delicate and loving on my back, my inside felt weird and my heart skipped beats, what was this?

"Oliver, you need to rest" He said tucking me in like a child. His hand pushed away the hair on my forehead, and without him knowing leaving a trail of tingles in his path. "Do you remember what happened? You hit your head pretty hard. I tried to clean it as best I could" He said smiling down at me.

My head didn't sting anymore, all I had was an excruciating headache that pulsed it's way through my skull.

Josh stroked his thumb delicately over my temple, making me close my eyes in pleasure at his touch. My eyes began to feel heavy and soon sleep had welcomed me.

***

I was awoken by the usual alarm that sounded it's way through the building. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Neatly folded on my bed was a clean outfit, already ready for me to where.

I put it on and made my way down to breakfast.

For the first time I seemed to be one of the first people ready. Only a few people were dotted round the room, looking at menus. Josh was one of them.

Surely he'll let me sit with him today, right? I cleared my throat. "Do you mind if I sit with you?" I mumbled, I don't think he understood what he said but nodded to the opposite chair anyway, not tearing his eyes off the menu.

He looked different today. Lighter. Can that even describe someone? He didn't necessarily look happy, well happy as in how other peple would think, but his eyes sparkled again. He looked like he was floating on air, he looked the happiest you could be in this place. Why? I don't know. Yes, I think I was jealous at how his emotion was, what is there to be happy about?

I stared at him over my menu. "Nice choice of outfit by the way. Very sexy" He winked at me over his menu. Yes, he knew I had been staring at him. And now I had turned bright red. He laughed gently. "You're going red you know?" He said looking back down at his menu. Okay, so that didn't help, my face actually stung with how red I was turning.

Hustle and bustle filled the dining hall. From the corner of my eye I saw Matt and his crew, staring at me. Feeling intimidated under their stares I shrunk in my sit, I could now not see Josh for the menu covered my face.

His hand grasped the top of it and slammed it down onto the table. His eyes looked up, the usual waiter stood there with the notepad and pen. Still Josh didn't speak he pointed to his order. And the waiter turned away after taking mine down.

"Why are you here?" Josh's question took me by surprise at how blunt and unexpected it was.

I furrowed my eyebrows and stayed silent. I couldn't form any words and I didn't want to try. I wasn't giving in to him.

What? No, it was only fair to tell him my shit, he'd told me his. This is where my two personalities fought, where the little angel and the little devil on my shoulders whispered completely different things into my ears. I felt like I had no control over my body.

I placed my hands on the end of the table and pushed my chair back. I got off my seat and stormed out the door. Why was I doing this. I was acting angry, for no fucking reason. It was like someone else had control over me.

My feet carried on walking, my mind and body now two separate things. I thought I was going to go to my room but carried on down the hall. I turned an unknown corner, until I was faced with a wooden arched door.

______________________________________________________________

Title: Diamonds Aren't Forever by Bring Me The Horizon

I couldn't think of any ending to the chapter to make it suspenseful, maybe it was I don't know.

So I've decided once this story has hit 1000 reads I'm going to finally create a schedule for all my stories, so that will probably mean I won't be updating for a bit and just writing a load of chapters. So many that will be good if you're wanting to read my other stories which are on hold at the moment. 

Hope you liked the chapter guys?!

Song on the side...Hopefully by now you have realized that each title has something to do with each chapter even if it's vague, this one is about how the sparkle in Josh's eyes isn't always there.