FORTY , RUN LYDIA RUN

Start from the beginning

Lydia remained unmoving in the bed across from her in the small room. But she could hear everything. She could see everything.

Shaking his head, Valack snapped out of his distraught state and sent the needle into her other arm. It was a little tricky to do due to her frantic thrashing, but the restraints kept her a mostly under control.

Harper didn't think it was possible, but the pain intensified. Her stomach felt like it was being ripped in half, gasps for breath escaping her lips. She looked down at said body part, half expecting to see a knife jammed inside it or something.

Nothing was there, just a pool of blood rising to the top of her grey shirt and spreading.

"This," Valack managed to just about cut in over her screams. "This will be the last physical pain you experienced due to your empathic abilities. I'm guessing, since this is bad, it was from your Alpha. Scott McCall, am I correct?"

He had a different tube, holding it under her eyes as he collected more tears. Harper squeezed her eyes shut, trying not to let him take anymore. But somehow they managed to squeeze past her lids. When her eyes snapped open, they flashed purple.

"Leave me alone," Harper howled, sick of suffering. "You're cruel, you- you-"

She slammed her scrunched fists down onto the mattress beneath her, kicking her legs down on the bed. The sensation coursing through her entire body was so sickening she didn't know what to do.

Valack sighed, removing the tube from underneath her eyes. He had enough of her tears to work with for now anyway.

He watched as her body began to tremble, the pain subsiding along with her sobs. They slowly drowned down to whimpers.

Even as she fell asleep, sweat and tears staining her whole body, small cries still escaped her lips.

Harper wanted to go home.

...
All Harper could see was darkness.

And then an ear piercing scream shattered the emptiness, the type of scream that could only belong to a Banshee.

"Harper," a hand stroked her sweaty hair, pushing it back off of her face from where it clung to her forehead. "That's it, wake up."

The brunette came to, blinking as she adjusted to the light of the room. A figure blocked most of it, and as her vision became unblurred, she realised that it was a certain strawberry blonde.

Immediately she recalled how her father had managed to shift into Harper herself and Stiles, making her flinch back.

"You're not Lydia," she muttered, "you're pretending to be Lydia."

"No," Lydia cried, shaking her head. "I don't know what's happening, or how you can see me right now, to be honest, but this is me. I can't wake up. I don't know how to wake up."

"I know it's y-you," the Empath stammered, "you're tricking me again."

"I swear to god, Harper. This is me. Lydia Martin. Your best friend," the girl reassured her frantically. "Valack did it to me too, but with Aiden."

Harper's eyes widened, but not much. Her body felt like it had been drained of all of its energy. It felt like she needed a hundred years more sleep to recover.

"H-how-"

"I don't know," Lydia cut her off, continuing to panic. "Meredith's here. Well, with fake-me, I guess. She's helping me find out how to use my voice as a weapon. I'm gonna get us out of here, Harps. I promise I'm going to get you out of here."