THIRTY-NINE , THE EMPATH EXPERIMENT

"Sorry that I didn't call you last night, the drive was long and I fell asleep at some motel

"Sorry that I didn't call you last night, the drive was long and I fell asleep at some motel."

That was her voice. English accent- slightest twang of American in there- and soft. It sounded exactly like it was her talking, yet no words were escaping her lips from where she lied on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

Harper turned her head to the side, blinking when she saw herself stood there. 

"That's fine," she heard the stressed sigh of her boyfriend, causing her eyes to widen a little. "I thought you might want to know that my dad's awake."

"That's great, Stiles," the other her spoke softly, sounding happy- but she didn't smile. "Tell him that I say hi."

"What-" Harper tried to speak, her voice cracking. Her throat was incredibly dry, causing her to start coughing, her cheeks going red.

The other Harper glanced at her and her eyes narrowed as a warning.

"Who's with you?" Stiles asked quietly, "have you made it to the lady yet?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah, you can probably hear the TV. Keeps cutting out and turning itself back on. I'll talk to you later, yeah? You spend time with your dad," she insisted.

"Yeah, yeah, but when you get back, can we please have our talk?"

"Of course," Other Harper replied.

Harper's mouth opened to make noise, anything to alert Stiles she was not okay, but Other Harper moved forward, wrapping her hand around her throat. She gasped, though it was barely audible from where Other Harper's hands were pushing down harshly.

"Good, good," Stiles murmured before there was a small pause. "I'll call you again soon. I love you, bye."

"Yeah, bye." Other Harper hung up the phone, releasing the Empath so she spluttered painful coughs.

"Who are you?" Harper glared, glancing down at her wrists that were tied by leather straps to the bed beneath her. "What the hell is going on?"

"See if you recognise me now," they replied and when Harper blinked- it was no longer her but her father.

A horrified expression contorted on the teenage girl's face, a despicable feeling of violation coursing through her body. The restraints pinched at her wrists as her impulses made her jolt upwards. She winced, but her glare didn't falter.

"How did you do that?" She seethed.

"I can take the form of anyone," Valack smiled proudly.