"Jason?" Sally's voice snaps at my ears. Oh no, not again. I swallow hard and feel the glares of 5 sets of eyes glued to my every move.

"Sorry, what was the question?" I blurt out. Shit, I haven't heard a word this entire meeting.

"Tiffany wants to know if this's all of your team who worked on the ad?" Jim's glaring as he speaks. I can tell he isn't happy with me.

"Um, yes... yes, that's all of them," I stammer. By now, the burn is running through my face and down my neck. What's going on, why am I not focused? This's a big deal and my job is on the line. All the members of the room start bantering back and forth, and it feels like the meeting's now dragging on.

"I think we're done here for today," Maddock exclaims, as he stands up. I look over at Calvin and he's sitting there with a smirk on his face, yet again. Tiffany's expression is also belittling. I gather my things and go to leave.

"Jason, a word please." Jim's tone is laced with disappointment. Hoping to have avoided this right now, I sit back down slowly and wait for everyone else to file out. I'm shot back to school boy me, who has been summoned by the headmaster.

"Mr. Cox, I can explain," I try to speak, but he raises a hand to silence me.

"Jason, what's going on with you?" His voice is stern, but I can tell concern lingers about. "You know I think of you like one of my own sons. If there's something more going on, I need you to tell me?" I'm thrown by his comment, 'one of his sons', I never knew he felt that way.

"I'm sorry, Jim. I don't know what happened, it has been a really rough week." My eyes avoid direct contact with his. I don't know what else to tell him. I not sure—I keep getting distracted by another man, would sit well. I'm also not going to mention the fact I'm sleeping on the sofa, seeing as my wife and I can't seem to hold a civil conversation. Looking up at him, he takes in my excuse, but I know he wants to know more.

"I need you to be on the ball with this one." He stands, as do I. "Sally is aware of this too, but I'm thinking it could be another of Maddock's many attempts to bring me down. I know is still bitter with me over Maddison, she was the one who paid for his last Benz," he tells me. I take comfort in the fact he is on my side with this situation. Maddison. exclusively used Marx Advertising, but became our client after seeing a campaign I did for a major clothing line.

"I trust you, Jason," he continues. "I don't believe you would ever resort to plagiarism, just to get a campaign in on time."

"Thank you. I'm truly humbled by your faith in me." I shake his hand with a more positive vibe about this mess. Having Jim in my corner on this, really does ease my mind a tad.

***

For the rest of the morning, I was mostly in my office taking calls and checking through different projects. I ate my lunch in my office and tried to avoid people. My head is still jumbled, and nothing seems to stay in focus. I'm tired and drained—nothing makes sense. Dropping my head on my desk, I close my eyes for a minute.

"Did you need anything else, Mr. Trent?" I jerk upright and lock eyes with Monique, who has her bag on her arm.

"W-what's the time?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes. Was I asleep?

"It's 5.30." She walks over and removes a sticky note from my forehead. "Are you sure you're alright?" she asks, with a firm expression.

"Just tired. Thank you for today," I respond flatly. Flashing her a reassuring smile, I stand and start to clear all the papers that are sprawled over my desk.

"The gift for Maddison's wedding is on my desk too," she adds before leaving.

"Thanks Monique, you're a life saver," I sigh, completely forgetting it's this weekend. I hope Bianca remembered to pick up my suit and get her dress. I notice my lace is untied and bend down to retie it. I'm surprised my head stays attached at all lately. Making my way over to the elevator, I press the button and wait. The doors spring open, standing there right in the middle at the back, is Calvin. Instantly my heart races, and all sensation in my legs turns icy.