four

"She thanked you? Wait, how are we even sure that it's a 'she'?" Jeno asked and sat on his chair.

They were at their dorm, currently having dinner. When Renjun decided to tell them about the letters he was receiving for the past days.

"Are you even listening, Jeno?!" Renjun rolled his eyes. "In her first letter, the sender told me that I'm older, but she won't call me 'oppa' nor 'gege' get it? Who else would call us boys oppa if not girls? Unless you're Jaemin or something...."

"What the hell, Injoon?! Why did you have to remind me that?!" Jaemin said while coughing.

"Wait, 'gege'?" Jisung asked. "Does that mean she's Chinese?" Of course, Jisung knew. He was also Ningning's friend and classmate, after all.

Renjun shrugged, "I'm not sure about that, though."

💙

"Ning Yizhuo!" Ningning flinched when their professor called her name, causing her to wake up and bump her head on the wall. "Detention, now."

Ningning groaned and stood up from her seat. She swung her bag around her shoulder and left their classroom. She turned left, instead of heading towards the 'detention room'

Instead, she passed by his locker, not forgetting to slip her daily letter inside his locker.

She sighed and went on her way to the detention room.

💌

"Renjun-ah, wake up. Sir Jang has been staring at you for five minutes now..." Jaemin nudged his seatmate, who was in deep slumber.

Renjun slowly opened his eyes, and muttered, "Oh shit..." He looked at their professor, who was giving him a stern look.

"I'll beat you to it, sir." Renjun yawned as he carried his bag and slowly stepped out of their classroom. He could clearly hear his classmates' chuckles when he left the classroom.

He sighed and closed the door. Not long enough, he saw a familiar figure walking towards the same direction as his.

He thinks he knew who that person is, but he just can't remember who— "Ningning?"

The mentioned immediately turned around when she heard someone call her name. "Crap, turn back! No!"

The girl stopped on her tracks, as Renjun immediately ran towards her. She could feel and hear her heartbeat getting louder every time Renjun gets nearer. It feels like everything was in slow motion when Renjun ran towards her.

"R-Renjun-gege?" She asked, slowly looking away.

Renjun stopped running when he was beside her. He smiled while catching his breath. "Hey..."

"Where are you..." Ningning turned her head towards the direction they're headed to. "...going?"

"Ah..." Renjun stood up properly and started walking, as the girl followed him. "Detention. I fell asleep during history class." He sighed.

"Wait... what?" Ningning asked.

Renjun laughed, "I know. Horrible, right?" He sighed. "What about you? Where are you going?" He raised a brow.

"U-Uh... I... I-I kinda... slept during math class..." Ningning scratched her head.

Renjun's mouth was agape. He didn't expect that Ningning would be that type of person who would fall asleep during classes. Well, who doesn't fall asleep during classes nowadays? "Jinjja?" He laughed.