Chapter 14: Save Him

Hey, Kiwi here!

I forgot to mention in the last chapter that Tiramisu Cookie is just an OC I made! (I ended updating it, but I'm putting this here for those who haven't seen it yet.)

Here's how she looks like!

***

"Quit that, Pancake" Roll Cake grumbled as his little brother climbed over his lap. Tapping his feet restlessly on the gas pedal, Roll Cake pushed Pancake off his lap, plopped the child in the passenger seat, then strapped on the seatbelt. "You're going to get yourself in danger, and everyone else on the road. Don't you remember last time?"

Lowering his eyes, Pancake responded, "But big bro, I want to watch you drive!"

"You can watch from the passenger seat."

Upset, Pancake turned over and rolled down the window. He poked his tiny head out slightly, waiting for the light to turn green. His brother Roll Cake was normally destructive and reckless, but around Pancake he was a completely different character. As the light lit up green, Roll Cake presses on the gas pedal and drove below the speed limit. No matter how reckless he was or how annoying Pancake always was, Roll Cake cared about his brother and didn't want him getting hurt.

Staring at the side-view mirror, Pancake noticed a purplish-haze coming their way at a high speed. It wasn't a Cookie or a car... the shape was too far away to make out. Nervously, Pancake tugged at his brother's sleeve.

"Big bro?" Pancake's voice squeaked. "I think there's something coming..."

Braking at a red light, Roll Cake squinted his eyes and looked into the rear-view window. Sure enough, the shape constantly advanced with no sign of stopping. Some were even close enough to make out a face. Yellow eyes, purple bodies, zombie-like postures... it couldn't be.

Immediately, Roll Cake slammed on the gas pedal, not caring about the red light. He switched gears on his vehicle and strapped on his own seatbelt.

"Pancake, hold on!" he gritted his teeth. "We're going to go at a high speed!"

Swerving at a turn in the road, Roll Cake accelerated, hoping to lose his tail. So that's why no one was on the streets today- they were all hiding! Those creatures were the infamous Jelly Walkers, ones that had caused destruction around the Cookie World a year ago. Now they were back again, with even more allies.

Shaking with fear, Pancake gripped onto his brother tighter. Roll Cake didn't even care, as long as Pancake was safe, he was fine. It was only then he noticed the rolled-down window.

"Pancake!" Roll Cake demanded swerving at a turn. "Roll down the window! Now!"

Hurriedly, Pancake reaches to roll down the window, but it was already too late. Somehow, a flying Jelly Walker has caught up, and hovered right at the window. Swiftly, it pulled Pancake's arm, causing him to fall out the open window. Slamming on the brakes, Roll Cake busted his door open and chased after the monster with his hammer.