Chapter 13: Carefree

Hey, Kiwi here!
I apologize for the lack of updates, but it's finally here! I decided to make this chapter a bit longer than usual. Also, I'm sorry this was so late at night for some of you.

***

It was about afternoon when everyone finally decided where to go in the nearby town. Skater and Gingerbrave argued between eating human food and going out to skate while all Lime wanted to do was hit the beach.

"I don't think it's a good idea to go around skating," Pumpkin Spice had told everyone. "and in the time I've lived here, I've never seen a beach."

In the end, everyone made a plan: First they would buy suitable clothes, then check out the human world. Black Licorice led the way to the town as the others followed behind him.

Entering the town, Black Licorice turned to the others and informed, "Make sure you don't bump into others. It might bother them-"

Ironically, just as he spoke, a girl ran into him and collapsed onto the ground.

"Ahh, I'm so sorry!" the girl apologized as she frantically jumped up. "I'm lost and nervous so I don't know where I'm going!"

"Are you okay?" Black Licorice asked. "Did I hurt you?"

"No, no, I'm okay!" she beamed. "I'm sorry for causing you trouble!"

The girl had hair of multiple shades fading from dark brown to a creamy yellow. Her eyes were banana-colored and she wore a simple pecan brown dress with white frills. On her head, a bright red clip sat atop her hair.

She tilted her head to the side and looked at Gingerbrave.

"That's odd," she noted. Then, she scanned the rest of the group. "You all look like someone I know. But that can't be..."

Snapping his fingers, Pumpkin spice pointed to the girl.

"I recognize you now!" he exclaimed. "It was a little confusing at first because of the human form, but you're Tiramisu, right?"

"Wha-what?" Tiramisu stammered. "How did you know? Unless..."

Turning back to the group, she stared at the Cookies a little more.

"No way, it's the Beginner's Squad!" she gasped. "And that's the Citrus Gang, without Grapefruit!"

"I know you!" Lime remembered. "You're Tiramisu Cookie, the girl who always melts under high heat, right?"

Nervously shuffling, Tiramisu smiled and said, "I didn't know that I wasn't the only one in this situation!"

"In what situation?" Gumball asked suspiciously. "Do you mean... you suddenly teleported here too?"

Tiramisu nodded. The group exchanged looks and knew that they had to stop the perpetrator before there's no one left in the Cookie World.

"Well, now that you're here," Black Licorice spoke up. "it would be safer for you to join us. It's nice to meet you, I'm Black Licorice."

"Thank you!" she said, relieved. "As you know, I'm Tiramisu! Where are you guys going right now?"

Lime jerked her thumb to the inner parts of the town.

"We're going shopping for clothes right now, you need any?"

***

As they entered the store, Gumball immediately grabbed a shirt and rushed into a changing room. Shrugging, Lime casually strolled over to a clothing rack and began to pick out an outfit. Everyone went their separate ways, except for Pumpkin Spice, who stood awkwardly beside Black Licorice, who also stayed in his spot.