Chapter 2: Black Licorice

The last thing Gingerbrave had remembered was talking with the Beginner's Club before feeling a strange impact on the back of his head before blacking out.

Now that he was opening his eyes and regaining his senses, he had realized that he was no longer at the Oven.

"Ow, my head," he groaned as he rubbed the back of his head. But strangely enough, instead of feeling cookie dough, he felt soft strands of something that felt like string.

Confused, Gingerbrave sat up and touched his face. Normally, it would be flat dough but now it was smooth and his cheeks were angular.

"What in the butterscotch?"

Standing up, he looked at his body and realized he was fully clothed. That was odd, because as a Cookie, his only "clothing" was icing on his chest.

Then turning around, he saw Strawberry Cookie, Skater Cookie, and Gingerbright lying on the grass.... only they weren't cookies. They now all had hair, limbs, and their faces had much more shape.

"What's.. going on?" he thought out loud.

Gingerbrave decided to replay the events. He was taking with his friends. Something hit him in the back. He saw a flash of red. And now he was here.

After a minute of thinking, he was pretty sure of what had happened to him and his friends. The only Cookie who had the power to transport an entire being to another dimension who was also associated with the color red was either Dark Enchantress or Pomegranate. However, though Dark Enchantress was more powerful, she had sworn to the good side, leaving Pomegranate as the only one who could have done it. Plus, he had seen a few pomegranate seeds before he blacked out.

Gingerbrave was thinking for so long he didn't even notice a person approaching him.

"Hey, you okay?" the person asked. Gingerbrave looked up. He had jet black hair, part of which was tied into a tiny braid at the side. He had a dark complexion and reddish-pink eyes.

"Yeah, I think I'm fine..."

"I've never seen you before," the person asked.
"What's your name?"

"Gingerbrave."

"That's.. a strange name." the person replied. "Well, you can call me Lucas. Where did you and your friends come from?"

For a moment, Gingerbrave had forgotten that his friends were behind him. It seemed kind of strange, four random people lying in the grass.

"You see, I kind of don't know where we are or really how we got here," Gingerbrave answered. "It was kind of like... a flash of red, a pop of pomegranate seeds, and suddenly we were here."

Lucas's eyes widened.

"That's exactly what I thought," Lucas said, gripping the necklace on his chest. "It's happened."

"What happened?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Of course!"

Biting his lip, Lucas answered, "It's Pomegranate. She and her master have activated Plan 39."

"Woah, hold on, buddy!" Gingerbrave exclaimed frantically. "By 'Pomegranate,' do you mean Pomegranate Cookie? How do you know this stuff? I've never seen you before either!"

Lucas's expression darkened.

"Just what I expected from a younger Cookie."

He turned his head to look at the rest of the Beginner's Club, then back at Gingerbrave.

"My identity as a Cookie was Black Licorice. I was once on the dark side with my sister, Pomegranate."