6.

didn't

Tee sighed to himself as he straightened his back from crouching down to remove his shoes. He rolled his shoulders as he yawned in his fist, fatigue slowly crawling in every part of his body.

It's been a long night for him.

He was about to walk towards his bed when, suddenly, a knock erupted from his door. He turned around and slowly opened the door to be met with a face he really didn't want to see right now.

"Tee, I'm sorry," Tae said the moment his eyes met with the younger. He smiled cautiously whilst the other just look at him tiredly.

Silence filled them for a few minutes before Tee slowly nodded in return. He lowered his gaze and was about to close the door when Tae put his hand up stop it. Not like he had to, Tee wasn't closing the door forcefully nor hurriedly anyway.

"You're still mad," Tae said, a frown making its way on his face.

Tee just chose not to say anything and turned around to walk towards his bed instead. Letting Tae do as he pleases.

The older among the two took this as an approval of entrance, so he did. He entered the room, took off his shoes, and sat beside Tee whom was staring at the lamp on the bedside table, pointedly.

Tae just let him be, as did Tee. No one spoke for a moment until Tae finally gave up. "Are you mad?," He asked, still staring at the side of Tee's face.

The younger only sighed before shaking his head.

"Then why aren't you talking to me? Why won't you look at me?"

Tee sucked in a breath and slowly let it out before turning his head to look Tae in the eyes. "How many times has it been?," He asked, not a hint of anger nor disappointment in his tone, just plain tiredness.

Tae felt even more guiltier than he had been just seconds ago. He took one of Tee's hand in his and played with the other's fingers before replying. "24th," he replied and felt even more shameful.

"P'Tae, be honest with me, were you really busy this time? Or did you forget again?"

Ah, yes. They were fighting about the same thing again. This was the 24th consecutive time that Tae did this to Tee, not that he intended to, he would never. He just... forgot. He always did.

The older played with the promise ring—their promise ring—on Tee's right ring finger. "Forgot," it was only one word yet it felt so heavy on his tongue. Like a ton of barbells that a weightlifter couldn't carry.

"And why did you?," Tee asked calmly.

Oh, how Tae admired and loved Tee so much. How he remained calm and placid despite his constant inscreasing number of shortcomings. He loved Tee deeply, he really did.

"Slipped my mind," He replied honestly. He brought Tee's hand up to his lips and softly kissed the other's knuckles. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," He said between soft kisses on pale skin.

"P'Tae," The younger said before softly tugging at his fingers to close it in a loose fist. It didn't do much to separate Tee's hand and Tae's lips, but it still did something. "Don't you think it's time to breakup?"

The words made Tae's world crumble just a little bit. It was in question form, making Tae think that still had the chance to salvage everything. "Wh-what are you saying, Tee?," he asked, his voice cracking at every bit and end.

"P'Tae," Tee started and slowly held up his other hand to place it atop Tae's cheek, slowly and softly grazing his thumb over the smooth tan skin. "I've given you countless of chances that no one can exceed, I think that's enough of a reason, right?," the younger sighed before his lips formed into a smile that was quite shaky. His eyes were also beginning to build up moist with every second that passed.