5.

did(n't?).

Tee slammed the door shut behind him as soon as he entered the room. It didn't stay closed for long for it opened a second later as Tae entered.

"Come on, Tee! I'm sorry, okay?!," Tae yelled as soon as the door shut.

The younger boy scoffed at this and rested his hip on the study table. "No, you're not"

Tae threw up his arms and groaned in exasperation. He took a dew deep breaths in order to calm himself before replying. "I a—"

But before he could finish his reply, Tee beat him to it. "If you were, you wouldn't be mad! But you are! You're the one who's saying sorry yet why do I feel like the one who has done you wrong?!," He said and crossed his arms in front of his chest as he looked at the view outside of the window.

The older refrained from rolling his eyes and, instead, just took a few more deep breaths. "You're being too dramatic, Tee! It's just dinner, we can have many more of those in the future! It's not my fault that the meeting we had lasted longer!," A pause. "Look, stop being so damn self - centered, okay?! I can't always be there for you all the time and you have to understand that as my partner!"

The words from Tae made Tee drop his head along with his heart. He felt tears brim at the corner of his eyes and he took a shaky breath in order to control it. Once he was sure that his tears wouldn't drop, he looked up, his eyes still on the view outside. "I had an important meeting for a project too, you know," he started, his voice thick with sadness and disappointment, as the anger slowly dissipated with every word he spoke. "We haven't been seeing each other that much for the past few days and I knew that I all I needed was you for all of my exhaustion to fade away. So I disregarded the important meeting and chose you instead," Tee took another shaky breath as he felt heat build up behind his eyes once again. "But, it's okay, I understand everything now," with that he looked up at Tae and lifted one corner of his lips lightly. "I understand but, I'm sorry, I don't really want to be with you right now. I'm going."

Every word that Tee said slowly attacked Tae's heart, making him feel guilty for everything he said just a few moments ago. He felt mad at himself for making his love cry because of him and, most importantly, for being self - centered. He stood up properly from where he was leaning backwards and slowly approached Tee, whom was putting on his shoes by the door.

"Tee, come on, let's talk," He said and grabbed at Tee's arm, softly urging him to stand up.

The younger finished putting on his shoes and straightened his back, whilst his head still remained casted downwards. "It's okay. You don't have to say anything anymore, I understand, just give me some space"

Tae felt even more guiltier with every passing second. "No, I'm at fault here, I should be the one who's saying sorry. So, please, stay and let's talk," he said and slowly slid down his hand from Tee's arm to his hand. He tried to slip in his fingers between the spaces of Tee's but the younger held his wrist and gingerly separated their hands.

Tee looked up at Tae and smiled sadly at him before shaking his own head slightly. "It's okay," with that, he turned around and left Tae's apartment to gather up his thoughts.

The older boy, whom was left behind, slumped on the wall behind him and ran a hand down his face. He slowly exhaled and just chose to give Tee some space instead of following him.

He fucked up.

Tee decided to go to the park beside the ice cream shop that was near the university grounds.

He sat down on the swings, rested his head on the chains, and looked up at the dark blue sky. He didn't know if the universe was playing with him, but the sky was void of stars that night, leaving him no choice but to attend to his thoughts.