Chapter 9: Just You And Me

~ALESSIA'S POV~
"What was that fistbump you gave Colson?" I ask Shawn, as we were waiting outside Spanish. "Do you finally approve of him?!"
"I mean whatever makes Camila happy.." He shrugs.
"Why change your mind all of sudden?" I smirk.
"Why do you care so much?" Shawn shoots back.
"Camila's my friend," I cross my arms, Shawn laughs.
"Well I'm her best friend," he shoots back.
Fine, you win.
"But what's the bridge of I Know What You Did Last Summer?" I smirk as I shoot back.
"I'm not like Shawn who forgets the words to his own song," Shawn tries to convince me.
"We'll see," I challenge.
"You know I'll win," Shawn shoots me a smile.
~CAMILA'S POV~
"Are you shocked about the fistbump with Shawn still?" I ask Kells, as he draws his attention back at me.
"I thought he hated me..?" Kells confusingly asks and chuckles.
"Well now he doesn't so, relax," I reassure him, as he develops a smile," Even if he hates you..why does it matter? I still like you."
"That's true," he says, looking into my eyes and then embraces me into a hug.
"Is that why we just stopped at the top of the stairwell? So you can process the fact that Shawn likes you now..?" I roll my eyes, jokingly and he breaks apart from the hug.
"I wonder where Camila went," Kells looks the opposite way," I swore she was right there..like she's so short-"
"Hey," I defensively yell at him and hit him.
He laughs and down at me," There you are."
I roll my eyes and look down at the ground and chuckle to myself, as we start walking to class again.
   ~AT KENTON~
~SHAWN'S POV~
Wow that was some Austin PTSD.
"So fine you proved me wrong," Alessia sighs, as I embrace her into a hug.
"I'll never hurt you," I murmur, as she hugs back.
"Why would you ever hurt me in the first place?" She asks, hearing what I murmured.
"I promise," I break apart from the hug and cup her face, looking into her eyes.
She looks back into mine," Shawn, you're nothing like Austin. Stop-"
I cup her face and kiss her, as she kisses back.
~ALESSIA'S POV~
After a few seconds, we break apart and exchange smiles.
Shawn, you think you'd hurt me? You're crazy..
---
~AT KENTON~
~COLSON'S POV~

"You good, Cam?" I ask Camila, as she puts her hand over her mouth, trying to hold in a smile, putting her phone away.
"Shawn finally did it...he kisses Alessia," she sighs, dreamily.
"Aww that's cute," I develop a smile, as she catches me staring at her and smiles.
"And by the way, Kells. I was wondering..do you want to sing a duet with me? It's fine if you don't-" She starts, I cut her off.
"Do you even need to ask, Camilita?" I look into her eyes, as she looks into mine," Of course!"
"Yay!" She embraces me into a hug.
After a few seconds, as we break apart, she looks down at my long sleeves and looks up at me with a little giggle.
"Kells, I wonder, do you wear long sleeves in the summer too?" She asks, her giggling turned into laughing.
"Sometimes," I chuckle.
"But seriously. All I've seen you wear is long sleeves..is there something you're hiding?" She starts sounding a little skeptical.
I mindlessly roll up my left sleeve, revealing my mid-ranged tattoo.
"Aww it's a heart. It's so cute," Camila coos and looks back up at me," you've been wearing long sleeves to hide this?"
Trust me, Cam. There's alot more to it.
"Colson, we don't have much of a choice anymore.."
Than you think.