Chapter 7: It's Complicated

~CAMILA'S POV~
"Wow..that's-you're really lucky to have had Shawn," Kells says, reacting to what happened with Austin.
"No kidding," I chuckle.
"So..." He tries to start a new conversation.
"Now it's my turn...why do you care so much about Shawn not approving of you..or why Shawn is so brotherly when it comes to me..?" I ask him my burning questions.
~COLSON'S POV~
I don't have a choice, do I?
I look deep into her eyes, as I cup Camila's face. She looks back into my eyes. "Can I just-" I kiss her, as she kisses back.
We break apart, as she develops a confused face,"..why'd you do that?"
"Because," I sigh, cupping her cheek,"..I like you."
She smiles," I like you too."
"And I promise, that I won't hurt you like that Austin kid did-"
"Or yourself," she adds, looking into my eyes.
"Or myself," I add, as I feel her hand piled on top of mine.
~SHAWN'S POV~
"Don't take this offensively," I warn her before telling her my thought.
"Then I probably will," she chuckles," what's up?"
"Why'd you take Spanish 3 Honors if you get lost in the class half the time?" I ask her.
"I get lost in japan," she giggles, making a Shawn pun," but..I don't know. I saw you during registration and..heard you were taking Spanish 3 Honors. And I don't know you seemed really nice...and yeah," she tries not to blush.
"Aww really? You took Spanish 3 because of me?!" I ask her, as her face starts to turn even redder. "Wait here. I'll be back in a second.."
Camila, you better be right about this.
~ALESSIA'S POV~
After a few minutes, Shawn comes back with a guitar and sits next to me.
"You're gonna play a song?! Omg," I try to hold back on my squealing but fail, as he starts playing "Mutal" by Shawn Mendes.
Best date ever.
Camila: i told u he had sumthin planned
You weren't kidding.
~CAMILA'S POV~
"Shawn and Alessia's dating going well?" Colson asks, as I put my phone away.
"All thanks to me," I smirk.
"I bet," he smiles.
~THE NEXT MORNING @ SCHOOL~
"Shawnito, you wanna say thank you now?" I ask Shawn, while we were walking early to class.
"Shouldn't you be with Kells?" He scoffs, trying not to blush about Alessia.
"Speaking of," I smirk, as I see Alessia waving at us," there's your girl."
He blushes, walking over to Alessia. And I take a turn, walking to my Spanish 1 class.
~SHAWN'S POV~
Camila, for someone who chooses the wrong guys, you sure are good at planning dates.
"Thanks for yesterday, Shawnito. I had a really good time," Alessia tells me again.
"Me too," I smile.
"So...what's next?" She asks, as she develops a smile.
"..I wanna see where this goes. Alessia, will you be my girlfriend?" I interwine our fingers and look into her brown eyes.
She embraces me into a hug, I hear her murmur," I've been waiting for you to say that since..forever."
~ALESSIA'S POV~
We break apart, as our hands interwine back together and exchange smiles.
"Yes. I'd love to be your girlfriend," I answer his question.
Shawn smiles, as he turns around to see..Colson and develops a grimace.
"Anyways. Why do you hate Colson so much?" I ask him.
"..I feel like there's something off about him," he confesses,"and I don't want Camila to get hurt..again."
I give him a sympathetic look, as I squeeze his shoulder.
~COLSON'S POV~
"You really need to work on your scaring tactics, Kells," Camila laughs, as she turns around to face me.
"I know," I chuckle. "So how are Shawn and Alessia doing?"
"They're good," Camila develops a surprised face," since when did you start caring about them..?"
"Since we got nothing else to talk about," I shrug, as she gives me a confused facial expression.
"How about we talk about last night..?" Camila suggests,"..did you actually mean it?"
"Perhaps I wasn't clear enough," I adjust my throat and shoot a smile," Camila Cabana, will you go out with me?"
She develops a smile, as we both go in for a hug," Yes, Kells. I'd love that."
~CAMILA'S POV~
I can already see Shawn objecting to this.
We break apart from the hug, exchanging smiles.
~LUNCH~
"I take it you guys had a good time on your date," I smirk at Shawn and Alessia, they exchange smiles.
"Yes, we did," Shawn smiles and secretly telling me thanks for helping him.
"You guys gonna tell us what happened or..?" I chuckle, as I try to hide my smirk at Alessia.
"I'll tell you later," Alessia mouths, I nod.
~SHAWN'S POV~
Camila's asking too much about our date..Colson and her seem pretty..happy. Something must've happened.
"Well I gotta go now. Bye guys," Colson says, as he gets up and Camila follows him.
"Don't tell me you're gonna stop them from being endgame," Alessia looks at me with disrespect as I feel her hand on mine. "Why do you do this, Shawn?"
"..Camila's like a little sister to me..and there's seriously something off about Colson," I sigh, as I look up at Alessia, who shoots me a sympetic look.
~ALESSIA'S POV~
Honestly they're pretty cute together.
Me: don't worry i talked to shawn
The least Shawn will do is warn Colson..which isn't bad, right?
~COLSON'S POV~
"You gonna tell me why you following me, Camilita?" I turn around to face Camila, as I reach the top of the stairwell and stand near the door, as Camila comes next to me.
"Why'd you leave randomly?" Camila replies with a question.
"Because I felt like there was nothing interesting happening. So I left," I shrug.
"Oh," she simply replies," wait. Are you calling me boring?"
"No, of course not," I tease her. "Why would ask you out if I thought you were boring?"
She blushes," I was wondering...when it is?"
"Did you seriously follow me to ask that?" I chuckle, as she shoots me a nervous smile.
~CAMILA'S POV~
"And you know, leave the love birds to themselves," I giggle, as he nods in understanding.
"Of course. We can never forget about them," he chuckles.
Our eyes meet, as our fingers interwine.
"..How about tonight?" He fills the silence between us.
"Sure," I smile, bringing up Shawn," by the way, Shawn will probably have a talk with you about you know.."
"Is Shawn still worried about the Austin thing repeating?" Kells asks me, as I give him a unsatisfied look.
"Shawn's kinda like an overprotective mother. So yeah, he's still worried," I tell him, as he chuckles.
~ALESSIA'S POV~
"So you're sure that you won't spy on them?" I ask him one more time.
"Will you let me?" Shawn asks.
"No," I smile," but Shawn, c'mon. You can't keep worrying about Camila for your whole life.."
"I can still talk to Colson," he shrugs.
"Remember. You have to be as subtle as possible," I remind him, as I reach for his hand.
"Always," he shoots me a smile.
~THAT EVENING~
~SHAWN'S POV~
Me: u better not hurt camila
Colson: im not austin
Me: so she told u?
Colson: yes & i promise to u & camila, that I won't hurt her
Me: u better keep that promise
Colson: ik i can treat her better than he could
Maybe I've been giving him less credit than I should be.
~COLSON'S POV~
Shawn didn't kill surprisingly wow.
Me: u ready for tonight?
Camila: yes!
Good. Cause you're gonna have a great time and forget that Austin even existed.
~LATER THAT EVENING~
~CAMILA'S POV~
Me: r u?
Kells: <3<3<3
Do you have something planned, Kells? Well whatever it is, I'll find out soon.