Chapter 38 - Dropping our Guard.

Start from the beginning

I can't wait to crawl into bed and snuggle into Jeffrey's arms. I am not in anyway a good flyer, so my doctor had given me a muscle relaxant to make it slightly easier, however, the down side to that is that I do not like it when I am not in control of myself.

I am looking forward to getting away for a bit, though; we may have gotten rid of Lizzy, but we are still being hounded by the media. I know that by going to Portland, won't stop our entourage following us ~ but it will be in a much different place. Who even knows; maybe we will get a couple of days free from the shadows. Or, at least I can live in hope, right?

There really was no point in thinking about it now, Jeffrey and I would deal with it together, when it happened, as we always did.

Paige shouldn't be much longer.

Stretching my arms behind me until I felt the small click of bones, my dad used to tell me to not do that, because I would end up with arthritis when I am older, but I can't help it, until it makes that noise, I am uncomfortable.

I could hear that last fading chatter of the loyal customers from tonight ~ I was beginning to remember the faces of the repeat patrons. For a club ~ it was a sign of a business doing well. I could never have imagined it all going this well, of course, I had hoped but to try and believe that in such early days always seemed to be tempting fate.

I, desperately, want to hate the food truck that parked near the bar but every night the scent of fries, fried onions, burgers and other fast foods, filled the air around me and mouth salavated for a taste, I could, not only hear my tummy rumbling, but actually felt it bubbling deep inside, screaming for something tasty. I swear I need to find a way to ignore it, because otherwise, I am going to end up fat as all hell.

I am so excited to go to Portland ~ I have been a massive Supernatural fan from the very beginning; so being on set was going to have me acting like a silly little fan girl, I just knew it.

Aside from that, the best thing for me, is that we will be away from here ~ the calls may have stopped but I still have a feeling of being watched ~ I am not sure if it's just the media, of if Lizzy is still out there ~ waiting and watching ~ is she waiting for the perfect moment to attack?

Just as the thought had hit my mind, the sound of cans crushing made me jump sky high ~ instantly spinning around, I saw a guy stuffing an empty can of whatever, into a bin and I relaxed.

Digging in my bag for another cigarette; I know that Paige should be coming out any minute now. And then I can get home and crawl into bed with my handsome boyfriend. It had actually been one of those nights that I had just wanted to be home. Its stupid but I miss Jeffrey so immensely when we are apart. I feel pathetic for feeling that way, but it doesn't change the fact.

With my man on my mind; I quickly fire off a text to let him know that I will be home soon and ask if he wanted me to bring any food home with me. It wasn't long before he replied;

'Babe you don't need to ask me if I want anything to justify you getting something but on this occasion could you please grab me some fries? I love you beautiful, x'

I was in the middle of texting him back when all of a sudden ~ I dropped to the ground, as a pain hit me in the back of the head. I didn't even have time to cry out as the edges of my vision became blurred as darkness eclipsed me and the world slipped away.

Paige Morgan...

Emily had taught me everything that I needed to know to run the club while she was going away with my dad; fuck that still felt weird to me, but they both seemed to be happy and that was all that mattered to me at the end of the day. My best friend had informed me that if I did a good job while she was away; then she wanted to hire me, as her permanant bar manager if I wanted the job.