T W E N T Y - E I G H T (end)

2 months later

Daniel pov

With the release of our album last month, our tour has been announced, and we have been getting ready. I really didn't want to go on tour without Emma, but it's what we have to do.

I still miss her so much, but they have been keeping me busy rather then leaving me by myself.

This tour was starting in Europe, then moving to Asia, and then back to the U.S.

We've never had any Asia shows, but I think it would be better if Emma was there to experience it with us.

Everyone told me that she ran away, and just didn't want to be with me anymore. Which would make sense, but the building the audition was at was in a weird part of town.

We were heading on the plane to France, and I was sitting next to Corbyn and Jonah.

They were arguing over if they could get a rocket to fly if it was made out of paper.

"What do you mean, it would just burn" Jonah said, holding up a piece of the paper from a newspaper.

"But if it went straight up, then the flame would be pushed down, and so would the heat." Corbyn complained back.

This is going to be a long ride

———

It was now after the first France show, and I didn't realize how much I missed our fans. It distracted me from Emma, but as soon as I realized that I'd forgotten about her, I knew it would have been better if she was there.

It was Thursday morning, and our next one was Friday night.

Today was one of our days to explore France.

We were walking around. Stopping at small shops, taking weird pictures with the Eiffel Tower, trying to learn French, and finding weird things to keep as souvenirs.

I was walking through a shop while the other boys were getting balloons. I told them to get me one, but knowing them they'll pop it.

I turn the corner at the end of an isle and an old women shows up.

"Hello sir, how may I help you." She says quietly, motioning to the store itself.

"I was just looking,"

"What for?"

"Nothing specific, just looking."

"Well, if your interested in our engraved necklaces, come see me" the old lady said lastly,
Before starting to wobble away.

"Wait, can I get one engraved?" I said quickly, thinking of Emma"

I decided to get one in the shape of a square, but it simply said you were my epiphany.

I gladly accept it, and pay for it in a heartbeat. After leaving the small shop, I put the necklace in my pocket, hoping to give it to Emma on day.

———

"Thank you Paris!" Jonah yells, while we look at the crowd. Some had some posters up, some had their phone lights flashing.

I laughed, and I looked over to them. They were all gleaming, their smiles brighter then the lights themselves.

We nod at each other, and we run off the stage.

It was a little after 7 o'clock, so it was still a little bright out, and knowing we could still do things after the show, we grabbed out stuff.

We ran outside, and into the car. Zach got to the car first, and jumped in the front seat. I shook my head no, and held the keys up. Tossing the keys to Corbyn, I got in the passengers seat.

Typing the address into an ice cream place, we began driving. We drove behind a police car for about a mile or so, but then we got stopped.

We were beside a chain of stores, the ice cream shop being one of them.

"Do they really have to let us not get ice cream!" Jack basically screamed,

"I guess" I said, laughing.

The police set barricades up in front of our car, and we sigh. We couldn't get out of it, and there were cars of every side of us.

I see a police officer bring a pile of blankets into one of the alleyways. I shake my head and look down at my phone.

I hear Corbyn inhale deeply, and see his head turn in his peripheral vision. (Look at me using big words) I look at the boys, and they are wide eyed, looking out the window.

I hear Corbyn open his door, and get out. When I look out the window, but by now people are blocking it.

"Dude, you'll want to get out of the car" Jonah said, starting to unbuckle along with all the other boys. I sigh and get out of the car.

Shaking my head I lift my eyes to one of the police officers. There was a huddle of girls in one corner, all covered in blankets.

What is this?

I look at a police officer that was helping a girl walk.

Her blonde hair grown out, showing it's brown roots.

My heart was beating out of my chest, hope flaring up.

Her figure was skinny, but the girl herself was still as beautiful.

The necklace feeling heavy in my pocket, I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I look over at Corbyn and the other boys and they seem as shook as I am.

"Is that her?" Zach asked, his voice echoing

She looked over at us, and almost fell. I run up to get, and hold her in my arms. She felt more hollow then the last time I did this, but we were all shook that she was here.

We were both crying, out foreheads pushed together.

We found her.

She was my epiphany

I never knew I needed

—————

Oof y'all that was the end 👍 sorry it took so long. It was like 500 words then I thought it would be.

Should I do an epilogue?

Idk but yeah. Sorry it took so long.

I love you guyyyyssssss