031

Chapter thirty one
Miami
February 13th 1964
Lucy's POV:
We had arrived in Miami and I had to beg Brian to let Ringo meet my parents, which he allowed. "It only makes sense for you to meet her parents since the two of you are getting married." Brian said. Ringo nodded and said "do the rest of you want to come?" Paul nodded and said "I wanna meet your parents." Patricia said "yeah. I'll come with too." John shook his head and said "we're all going. George, come on." George looked up and said "ok, then." Brian sighed and we were driven to my parents house. I knocked on the door and Paul said "this is such a cute house." John giggled and I turned to the two of them. "No funny business between you two." I said. Ringo nodded and said "please. I can't afford an embarrassment." John saluted me as did Paul. The door opened and my mother hugged me. She then looked to my left and saw Ringo. Then saw the rest of the boys and Patricia. "Patricia, you're pregnant." My mother said. She smiled and said "yes. I am." "Who's the father?" I scoffed and said "mom." "I'm just asking." George stepped forward and said "I am, ma'am. I'm George. George Harrison." My mom shook his head and said "hello, George." He nodded to her and then she said "wait. George Harrison? From The Beatles?" "Yes." "Which one are you with, Lucy?" My mom said. Ringo raises his hand and said "she's with me." I held his hand and he smiled at me. I smiled back and my mother screamed. "Steve, our daughter is dating a Beatle!" My father care to the door and looked at Ringo and I. "The drummer. I should've known." He said. My mom motioned for us to come in and Paul looked around at everything inside. My mom said "you're John Lennon. And you're Paul McCartney." Paul shook my mother's hand and said "yes. I'm Paul." John nodded to her and my dad said "good lord Patricia is pregnant." George waved and said "I'm the dad. And her husband." My mom said "wait you're married?" George nodded and Patricia said "we would've invited you but we had a very small reception. My parents weren't even there. They're going to freak when they find out." "For sure." Paul said. Patricia hit Paul on the arm and John said "you have a lovely home Mrs. Abbot." I rolled my eyes at John and my dad eyed Ringo. "Why's he doing that?" Ringo asked. "Cause he's my dad." Ringo took a deep breath and we all sat down. Paul sat down next to John who held a picture frame in his hand. Paul giggles at it and I said "stop." George put his arm around Patricia and my mom said "Ringo is it?" Ringo nodded and my dad said "what's your real name? Cause I know you're parents did not name you Ringo." "Richard." "Why don't you just go by Richard? Where did Ringo come from?" George smirked at the fact that Ringo had to answer this question once again. "Ringo came about cause I wear four rings." He held up his hand and my dad nodded. "Dad, enough." My mother noticed the ring on my finger and said "is that..." "Yes. It's my engagement ring." My dad's eyes widened and my mom smiled really big. "Wait, you're engaged?" I nodded and Ringo said "I asked her to marry me. I understand that you guys live here in America and don't really know me. But I've known her since before we got famous and she's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Lucy has helped me out in so many ways and I never thought a girl as pretty as her would ever look in my direction. John and Paul are the favorites of the group and I'm honored just to have Lucy even want to hold my hand or even kiss me." I blushed while looking down. "Mr. Abbot, I'm asking your permission to marry your daughter. I understand that you've just met me and you probably don't want to give your daughter away to a Beatle. I don't think I would. It's just that, I love her. So much." I stared at Ringo and John said "it's true, sir." Paul nodded in agreement. "I don't think I've seen Ringo so happy before." George stated. My dad held his hand out to Ringo's. "I'm giving you permission to marry my daughter. I've never seen her blush so hard in her life. And you seem like a very respectful and responsible man. Plus, you're a Beatle. I think you'll both be just fine." Ringo smiled and said "thank you." "Hey, Lucy can I see your old room?" Paul asked. "There's nothing in it." I said. My mom nodded and said "she's right." Paul huffed and said "damn. I really wanted to see it." "Go look at it." Paul stood up and John followed him. "How long will you be in Miami?" My mom said. "For a few days. Then we have to go back to England. But we'll be back in August." "We have to do some stuff over there. The girls don't know about it yet. It's a surprise." George said while smirking. Patricia rolled her eyes and said "I'm having a baby soon. We'll fly you out." My mom said "when are the two of you planning to get married?" "May." I said. Ringo looked at me and said "that's what you want?" I nodded and said "Brian may have told me what you guys are doing next month." George shushed me and I said "I'm not saying anything." "George Harrison you better tell me what you guys have planned for next month." Patricia said. "I will." George replied. A sigh came from Patricia and she said "she's kicking again." George knelt down and kissed her belly. "You're having a girl?" My mom said. "Yeah. I can't wait for Theta to get here." George said. "She's a daddy's girl. Whenever he's not around she kicks like crazy. Which is weird I don't know why she's kicking right now." "It's cause she wanted me to keep talking." George smirked at her again and she shook her head. "Well, whenever you two decide the date for the wedding, we'll be there." My dad said. "Thank you." I replied.

The end is shit but I really wanted to update this for y'all!!
~skylar🍒☁️🍒☁️