030

Chapter thirty
The Ed Sullivan Show
February 9th 1964
Lucy's POV:
Patricia and I sat in the audience which was full of screaming girls. The boys were playing on the Ed Sullivan Show today. Ringo sat at his drum kit and looked at all the girls. He made eye contact with me and I smiled at him. He winked back at me and a few girls screamed. Patricia rubbed her belly and I said "you good?" "She's kicking. I think she misses her daddy." She replied. Patricia looked up at George who was standing next to Paul and John, holding his guitar. The three of them were talking to Ed Sullivan and they would be performing after. This was the boys' first appearance on American television. And the girls were going nuts, there was an estimated 73 million people watching. They got in their performance formation and began singing All My Loving. When they were finished, George stepped up to the microphone and was talking. Patricia sighed and said "she finally stopped kicking. She's always kicking." I looked at her and she smiled up at George who was talking to the girls in the audience. The girls were going nuts and they were very accepting to Patricia. They all liked her and were very happy for George. I knew by this time next year, The Beatles would be on top of the world. They were getting ready to take over America, they had already taken over England. "Did she start kicking again?" I asked. Patricia shook her head and said "she stopped ever since George started talking." John stepped up to the mic and Patricia said "never mind." I giggled and watched Paul wink at some of the girls in the audience, earning screams from them. The girls couldn't get enough of them. Ringo smiled really big at me and I giggled aloud, trying to keep my giggle contained. Patricia smiled at me and said "you guys are so cute." I blushed and they began to sing again. I turned around to see some of the girls crying and pulling at their hair. Patricia sighed and I said "what is it?" "She's kicking again. I already know she's going to be a daddy's girl." I patted her belly and leaned down towards it. "Be good for your mom, yeah?" I said. Patricia smiled at me and George looked over at his wife, giving her a wink. When they finished that song George stepped up to the microphone again, motioning to Patricia. He began talking about how he had a daughter on the way. "My daughter will be born soon. And I can't wait to be a dad and show her this world we live in. And I can't wait for her to see all of you." The girls screamed and he chuckled at them. "She's going to think you're all crazy but she'll love you. She'll see how happy her dad makes you all and that'll be amazing to see." Patricia looked up at George who was smiling at her. The boys performed a few more songs and then we were all supposed to go back to our hotel rooms. We were due for Washington soon. "You did great." I said to Ringo. He smiled and said "really?" I nodded and said "they loved you." "What about you?" I furrowed my eyebrows and said "what about me?" "Did you love me? Performing up there?" Ringo asked as he leaned in to kiss me. I cupped his cheek and said "I love you all the time." I pressed my lips to his and pulled away. "We go to Washington next. Then Miami, where I'll meet your parents." Ringo ran a hand through his hair and I said "don't stress. It's fine. The only thing they don't know is that I'm engaged. They know we're together and can't wait to meet you. I promise. You'll be fine." He nodded and I said "promise me you won't stress." Ringo kissed my hand and said "I promise."

I'm sorry this chapter is short but maybe the slight cuteness will make up for it??
~Skylar🍒☁️🍒☁️