Chapter 2

Flashes of memory run through my unconscious mind of what had happened the last few days. Coming to the latest one, of me crashing off into the woods, my mind starts to clear. The very first thought that came to mind was that I had probably totaled the front end of my wonderful car, hopefully no damage had come to the motor, didn't really have the money to fix it. The second was that I wasn't in the comfortable seats of my wonderful car, but instead laying on what seemed to be a leather couch.

Then a certain detail flashed in my mind, my arm. It had healed, and I knew what it meant, I just didn't want to believe it. Bobby had said that it wouldn't affect me, but apparently neither of us knew much about this new race of wolves. Opening my eyes, I take in my surroundings. It looked to be an older house, but it was well kept. Not to mention that it was huge, a mansion in my definition.

Closing my eyes I try to see if I can hear anyone, and it surprised me that I could. I could hear everything, the water rushing through the pipes, the electricity's soft buzz, and even a bird that seemed to be right next to my ear. It became louder and louder, until it sounded like it was being blasted from the speakers at a concert. My eyes snapped open and I sat up in a quick motion, and just as I did someone came through the front door. Not understanding how I couldn't have heard the car pull up, I decide to see who exactly this person was.

Holy Sh*t! It's the guy from the bar! I could tell that he was thinking the same to, I stood and just then another man came down the stares, he had brown hair and brown eyes. "It's alright Damon. I found her last night, she was in a car accident..." He trailed off examining me. Damon chuckled,"Some car accident that was, Stefan." "But she was." Stefan claimed, his eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, obviously I had been hurt pretty badly. Then it was my turn to examine myself, their was no evidence of me being in any kind of accident, there wasn't a scratch on me, well except my bloodied clothes.

"Yeah sure she was." Then he seemed to notice my clothes,"You didn't give her your blood did you?" Damon asks him. Stefan shook his head, walking over to me now. " Hmm..." Damon stood there in the door way. "Let's find out then." He smirked. " Damon do-" Stefan managed to say, but wasn't quite quick enough. My heart pounding, I look around. He had just disappeared, Damon had been there one second, and the next, gone.

"Boo!" He says right behind me, and my instincts kicking in, sending a powerful punch toward his jaw. He caught my fist in his hand, amusement plain in his eyes. "Were you in a car accident?" He says and does something with his eyes. "Yes." Came the answer, but I had no control over my own voice, it pissed me off. "What are you?" He says looking me over again. This time I fought, I fought my own voice, and even my mind, but it did nothing, or so I thought, "I don't know." I ground out, sounding almost like a growl to me. Damon took a couple of steps back, and he and Stefan stared. The world around me became much more graphic, I could see everything, from the smallest cracks in the walls, to the amazing detail in the glass.

"What in the hell?" Muttered Damon. I blinked and the detail was gone," Whatever the hell you just did, don't do it again." I say to him, a slight growl lacing my voice. I hated not having control, sometimes it was all I had left. Damon lifted an eyebrow, and smirked. He was once again in front of me staring into my eyes,"Now tell me,  What are you?" Now that, pissed me off. Stefan stepped forward just as I punched Damon square in the jaw, it sent him and Stefan flying through the air and into the far wall. "Good gosh almighty, that hurt!" I say shaking my hand, and then holding it against my chest. I heard a small laugh and before I knew it I was pinned up against the wall by Damon in a choke hold. "Damon! Stop it!" Stefan yelled at him as he picked himself up from the floor.

"Tell me what you are!" Damon yells at me. By now I didn't have a problem with his stupid eye trick. "No!" I rasp out and try to escape, but he was so strong. Stefan came over and stood beside him,"Just tell him what you are, and he'll let you go." He said calmly. I growled and all that I could manage to come out was," Wolf." Damon dropped me and says," That's all?" He pondered the information, then said in a lower voice," Werewolves can't refuse my compulsion though." He narrowed his eyes at me. Gosh, I hate him so much already.

"Damon call Tyler. He might want to know that there is another wolf in town." Stefan said to him, while Damon just rolled his eyes and with a "Whatever you say, Brother." in the most sarcastic tone ever, he went outside to call Tyler. Standing I glare at Stefan,"I'm sorry for that. Damon can be a bit of a jerk sometimes." He says with a small smile. "Yeah, like you did anything to stop him." And then a more important question made itself known," Where's my car?" I ask rubbing my throat. "At the repair shop downtown. I went ahead and paid for the service done to it." He said. "You didn't have to do that. I could've paid for it." I say grabbing my jacket which was on the back of the couch. "Thanks for the help, but I really must leave."

Damon must have come back in cause when I opened the front door he was no where to be seen. "Wait, we have someone that might be able to help." He protested. "I don't need any help." I say and slam the door behind me. Realizing that I had just doomed myself to walk, I  sigh.