Chapter 4

"Hi, Sam." I said with a nervous smile. Sam tilted his head and his eyebrows scrunched up, the way they always do when he gets confused. "Is everything alright here?" He asks tentatively, looking from Tyler, to Damon, and then to Stefan as he stepped out of the car. "And you are?" Damon asks dragging it out, avoiding his question entirely. I hold my breath as Sam looked to him, "Sam Winchester, and this i-" Dean had stepped out of his car and was walking around to stand beside Sam, "Dean Winchester."

Dean gave them one of his not so real smiles. "We just had a bit of car trouble. As you can see." Stefan pointed to the now deflated front tire of Damon's car, that was seen in the headlights of the Impalla. "Oh ok, got chya. But...why is our friend Zoey here?" Dean said with that smile. "I was in a wreck, just went off the road and hit a tree. No big deal. My cars' at the repair shop now." I said confidently, well, it sounded like it.

Dean stared at me for a minute, an agonizingly long, painful minute. "You want us to drive you to your hotel?" Sam offered glancing around at the guys. "Actually, I was just doing that, when something popped my tire." Damon said with extra emphasis on popped, then he shot a glare toward me, unnoticed by Sam, but Dean caught it.

"They were the ones who found me, and they were just taking me back there now. " I try to explain. Dean stared me down, trying to find out if I was telling them the truth. Which if I wasn't, it didn't last long before he found out. Luckily, it had been a while since we had last seen each other. I wasn't really lying about the accident, just about how I got here and who exactly Damon, Stefan, and Tyler were.

As I began to think over the situation I realized I was equally screwed either way. So I weighed the odds. If Sam and Dean found out that I was in fact turned into the very thing they hunt, I wouldn't survive very long. If I stayed with the things that I hunt, well, who knows what would happen. This had been going through my head the entire time since I first heard that familiar rumble of Dean's car.

So avoiding Sam's question to begin with I change the subject," So what are ya'll doing out here?" Sam seemed to be caught off guard with the question, though Dean looked to have decided something. "Get in the car Zoe." Now it was my turn to be shocked. "Since when were you the boss of me?" As soon as the words left my mouth I instantly regretted them.

Dean glared at me, along with Tyler, who's gaze I could feel carving a hole through my back. Stefan and Sam looked utterly confused, and Damon had a look that told me," I'll find you." And not in the good way. Tension thick in the air, Sam breaks the silence. " Thank you for taking care of Zoey, but we can take it here from now." He says politely.

Stefan steps up and clasps his hands together, " No problem, right Damon?" I looked to Damon and he just smirks," Of course, wouldn't want our little Zoey to get hurt, now would we." I looked over sharply to Dean, who luckily, was already in the car. Sam waited for me to climb in, and once done, we were off. Holding my head I mutter," I'm so dead."