Chapter 3

Stefan's POV

"You let her go?!" His brother yelled at him, he had just come back in, from doing what, he didn't know. "What was I supposed to do? Keep her here against her will?" He responded calmly. "Yes!" Damon exclaimed, and then he stormed out the door, slamming it in the process. The jolt shook the old house, and he sighed. He had never before in all his years seen someone with gold eyes.

Sometime after Damon had left, he heard a vehicle pull up. So Damon did call Tyler, that's surprising, he thought to himself. A rather unnecessarily loud banging came from the front door, he got up from his position on the couch and went to open it. The banging went on once more before he opened the door, "Hello Tyler." Tyler looked around him into the house," Damon said that there's another wolf here." He said and rolled his eyes," Should've guessed it myself, another one of Damon's cruel tricks." Tyler muttered with frustration.

"No, actually there was-" Then he stopped himself, how was he to know that she really was a wolf? "Well?" Tyler said with impatience. "Shes gone now, but I don't exactly know if she is a werewolf, I mean that's what she said she was but..." He said with hesitation. "But?!" Tyler pressed, aggravated with not getting the information he came for. "But, her eyes glowed gold whenever Damon pissed her off." He said, and then wondered where Damon had gone.

Tyler's eyebrows met with confusion, "That's not possible, but why would she say she was one then?" He seemed to ask himself. "Did you happen to see Damon's car on your way up here?" He asked Tyler, realizing what Damon had done. "Mmh, yeah actually I did. Why?" Tyler responded. "I'll explain on the way." He said quickly and went to Tyler's car and got in the driver's seat.

~~~~~Zoey's POV~~~~~~

She hadn't been walking for ten minutes before there was a vehicle coming her way. The road was not a popular one so she just assumed that it was Stefan coming to offer her a ride again, but her guess was wrong. The car slowed, as she had expected, and she kept walking trying to ignore him as far as she could. But when she heard doors open, she stopped and looked behind her. There in the road just a few feet from her was a black Suburban, all of its windows were tinted so black that you couldn't see inside.

And coming toward her was two people, one male, one female. The male had short brown hair and the girl had curly black hair and was slightly more tan than the other. As they approached they chanted something together, and instantly it was like a horse had kicked her in the head, but it hadn't knocked her unconscious so she had to endure the pain. She screamed and fell to her knees holding her ears, and then a new feeling swept over her. It was mixed with rage and hate, it was also alien to her, she had never felt such a thing before.

It was soon dominating all of her other emotions, and eventually the pain that these people had put her under. Then, everything was a blur, her vision tinted red and she was fighting with the male, having knocked aside the female when she had reached to pick her up. She had knocked him down and was currently beating him senseless with her fists, and suddenly someone was pulling her back. She snarled and swung around to face the fool who had dared to mess with her and her prey, but she couldn't find anyone.

She shook her head and her vision cleared. There was someone- her thoughts were interrupted by a loud groan coming from behind her. Where she saw Damon with his bleeding wrist pressed up against the guy she had almost beaten to death's mouth. She looked around and noticed for the first time that it was dark, the black Suburban had gone, and that the moon was a third-quarter full. But the funny thing was, she could see perfectly, it was night and she could see as if the very sun had come down for a visit.

"What the hell?" She muttered. Damon stood beside her, he had been talking, but she hadn't heard him. She looked over at him and said,"What?" "What in the hell are you?" He said to her, but she left his question unanswered, and instead examined her fists. Which were bloody and bruised, and her palm stung, so she clenched her hand to see that four slit like cuts were in the center of her palm. She clenched her fingers again, and found that where her fingernails ended up, were the same places the slit cuts were.

And suddenly, the cuts started to disappear. It itched for a few seconds and when she examined her hands again, they were gone, even the bruises on her knuckles. All that remained was the blood of the boy she had beaten, which she wiped off on her pants leg. While she had been zoned out, Damon had drug the bodies together, and was looking them over. "Their not dead are they?" Her voice sounded unbelievably calm, like she hadn't just killed two people.

"No, they'll survive." Was all he said. "What were you doing with your wrist earlier?" She asked, not understanding why he had done so. He gestured to the male, who surprisingly, was healed, no evidence remained of the brutal beating she had placed upon him. She stared," H-how?" " Vampire blood heals." Damon said and stood. As soon as the sentence had fled his mouth, there came another car down the road. It slowed and pulled over into the grass behind Damon's car, the headlights almost blinding. Out stepped Stefan and who she guessed was Tyler, the guy Stefan had told Damon to call earlier.

They both jogged over to her and Damon,"What happened?" Stefan exclaimed. She couldn't bring herself to respond, she could tell that Tyler was not like them. His scent was different, it was strange, yet familiar to her in an alien way. He was staring at her to, and she had this sudden urge to growl and make him look away, but she resisted. Then she realized that Damon and Stefan was looking at her to, she guessed that they wanted an explanation.

She sighed and retold how the black Expedition had pulled up behind her and how she had been attacked with strange words. As she finished, a familiar hum filled the air, she knew that sound anywhere. Her eyes widened and she looked toward the direction that is was coming from, she turned back to the three guys and said in a rushed voice," Act normal, and whatever you do, don't act suspicious." Then her gaze shifted the bodies, she quickly looked back at the direction the hum was coming from, it had yet to come into view yet. Good, gives me time, but not much. she thought swiftly. "Quickly hide the bodies. Hurry!" The haste in her voice got them moving.

Stefan grabbed the female and Damon the male, and they ran into the woods. Tyler stood looking at her still, and as quick as she could she ran to Damon's car and pulled from her pocket a knife, and poked a hole in the right front tire. Inserting the knife back into her pocket she went to Tyler's side, and right before the source of the sound that had sent her into hyperdrive appeared, Damon and Stefan ran back up the small hill that led into the grass beside the road.

"What is-" Stefan started, but she waved him off. " Your tires flat and we stopped to help. Get it got it good." She said pointing to Damon first and then to Tyler, Stefan, and herself in turn. Damon glanced back toward his car and let out an angry curse,"How dare-" The steady rhythmic roar of the 1967 Impalla interrupted him as it went past, then it slowed, did a U' turn, and drove slowly back. It stopped beside her,"Zoey?" Came Sam's voice as he exited the car.