Chapter Seven: The Genetic Harp

Start from the beginning

The people clapped again, many felt encouraged to be offered the chance to help Reegan.

"Is it snack time?" Reegan asked and all the children cheered.

"Back on my home planet we have Tree Mallows so I wasn't entirely sure what you guys meant when you said you wanted to roast Marsh Mallows."

The children looked at each other and June said "ewww!" with a disgusted look on her face.

"Luckily I went to the grocery store!" Reegan said as he pulled out a large bag of Marshmallows to the relief of the children.

While Reegan was making jokes with the group Andrew was standing back a ways staring at the time on his watch and growing impatient. Just then Andrew noticed Toido opened a compartment within his torso.

"Ahh! It must now be time," Andrew whispered to himself. But it was marshmallow toasting sticks that Toido removed from the compartment and began to hand them out to the children. These Marshmallow sticks had a built in guard to prevent the burning of the marshmallow and produce a perfect toasting every time.

Toido showed the children how to use them.

"Thank You Mister," A little girl said as she hugged Toido's metal leg.

"And what of the testing of the device?" Andrew asked Toido in a rude tone of voice. Toido responded by putting the sticks and bag of Marshmallows in Andrew's hands.

The children all crowded Andrew who looked befuddled. 

Toido left to set up the area needed for the feats of strength activity. There were trampolines and a series of weights that ranged from ten to one hundred pounds. Around this testing area there were some flags to mark the range of the device's effectiveness.

Sam was about to go stand in line and wait for the feats of strength activities event when he heard Reegan shout something that peaked his interest.

"Does anybody want a closer look at a Relic?"

Reegan walked over to a display case that was set up nearby. There were many objects within this case, it was sort of a mini museum with short explanations of each object. He removed A grey dull colored circular object with three small jewels that also looked grey in color.

"I have in my hand here one of these Relics. . . . Like many of the Relics. . . It's power became drained long ago."

The children became excited and came close to him shoving and shouting. 

As Reegan handed his Relic to one of the children he suggested they pass it to the left of them until everyone had a chance to hold it. 

"It's got no juice but it is indestructible so don't worry about breaking it. . . Ha ha ha!" He laughed.

Sam waited patiently until the Relic reached the hands of Rufus standing to the right of him. Rufus examined the Relic. He could see that it was actually made up of three concentric circles held together by three jewels. It was very grey with the jewels black in color and murky on the inside.

Rufus then turned the Relic over revealing the other side which to Sam's amazement featured a familiar symbol. It was the same symbol of an ancient Egyptian style feline that was exactly like the one on the Pendant that his uncle had given to him.

"It can't be" Sam said as he reached out to touch the symbol on Reegan's Relic.

A loud rumbling sound emanated from the object, sparks began to fly.

It then appeared to glow and this startled Rufus so much that he dropped the Relic on the ground. The other children saw this jumped around excitedly at what had just happened.