🔪 Chapter 14: First Target (UPDATED)

Začít od začátku

I furrowed my eyebrows as he took a seat next to me.

"I've noticed that you don't seem to pay attention in class like you used to. Your scores in homework and individual projects are getting lower and you seem to be dozing off during classes, and something tells me that you might be having some issues. Is everything okay?" He said while looking at me in the eyes in a different way.

"Um... yeah. It's just that I have had trouble sleeping these past days and um... got into... um... fights with my stepbrother and all that. But I'm okay and I'll try to focus this time." I said in a casual tone and hopefully, he will dismiss me early.

 I don't want to deal with this kind of shit right now.

"Are you sure? Do you need help or anything at all?" He asked with a hint of concern in his tone. Despite his concerns, I can't trust him that easily. I don't trust him at all.

"No thank you. I can manage." I reassure him.

God, can he just let me leave?

"Hmm... " He hummed before he stands up from his seat and walks over to stand behind my seat. 

I can feel chills going down my spine. Not the good kind of chills.

My fingers start fidgeting while my eyes focused on them then he places his hands on both sides of my shoulders and I tense up. 

Then he starts rubbing them, more like... massaging them, and I clear my throat. This feels so uncomfortable, especially when a teacher is doing this to a student.

Fuck, I'm frozen. Again. What's wrong with me?

Then all of a sudden, I can feel his breathing against my neck. I really need to get out of here before things will go wrong here. My situation would become worse. Oh, wait... It already has.

"If you need any help with anything, don't be shy to approach me. I hate to see my students, especially special students such as yourself, in distress." He said close to my ear as he continue massaging my shoulders.

That's it. I'm out of here.

I get up from my seat. "I'm sorry but I really need to go," I said as I quickly grab my things, walk towards the door, unlock it, and run out of the room as fast as I could to get away from that creep.

"Aurora." A familiar voice spoke.

Without looking, I said, "Leave me alone." And I continue walking away.

Steven's POV

"Leave me alone," Aurora said without looking at me and she continues walking away.

I'll let that slide for now.

I clench my fist as I can feel my anger boiling up, as soon as I reminded myself of what just happened between Aurora and Mr. Davies.

I head inside the classroom, walking towards Mr. Davies.

"You again?" Mrs. Davies scoffed.

"What did you do to Aurora this time?" I asked.

"I was just talking about her grades and she just doesn't seem to pay attention like she used to. Maybe you two should stop fighting and work things out." He said. "I know you guys are not real siblings but why don't you just talk to each other and try to get along?"

"Cut the bullshit."

"Excuse me?"

"Did I stutter when I told you not to touch Aurora? I saw everything. You locked the door and touched her inappropriately. Sounds like the rumors about you are true. And yet, you still have a job here." I added, trying to control my temper.

"You don't even have proof. And those rumors are just nonsense. Don't you have anything else to do? School is over so go home, troublemaker." He said, grabbing his things and bumping into my shoulder before walking towards the door.

He thinks he can get away with it. I pull out my phone and replayed the video of Mr. Davies and Aurora earlier. I'm gonna hold on to it for a while.

I head out of the classroom and quietly follow him.

He took a right turn and then walk towards a grey door that leads him to the parking lot. 

He heads out and I silently followed. I hid behind the tree as I watched him get inside the car. I sometimes sneak out and skip classes around here and I always noticed a sticker on his car window.

It's probably a sticker of his current home in a village or something.

I'm gonna do some research about it later. Looks like I have my first target already.

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 04/08/2023