Chapter Thirty

"Why are you interested?" I murmur and straighten my posture of sitting, which doesn't go unnoticed by him.

"Listen, there should be a reason why you interested them. They do not go around kidnapping people randomly." He whispers and sighs. "They were one of the most important gangs in the whole world. They wouldn't be interested in you for nothing. Even if Alexa asked them for help." Toni slowly explains to me.

"I do not know, honestly." I shrug my shoulders and look away. "They never told me specific reason for it. They just loved torturing me and I couldn't concentrate on the reasons they put behind it. When Alexa came in the picture, I thought it was her doing." I whimper and sigh.

"It is strange." Toni looks at me and smiles. "You have been involved in many gangs in just one year. I just wonder... how did you interest The Wolves?"

"Because of Alexa." I whisper and smile sadly. "I mean, they wanted to get to her through me." I explain as I notice his confused face. "But in the end, they got me. Now, I realize that I truly never was one of them. They wanted Alexa all along and I took that away from them."

"It wasn't your fault." He whisper gently and brushes my hair away from my face.

"Well, they don't really care." I sigh and lay down. "Anyways, it doesn't matter now, does it?" I whisper in a low voice and close my eyes.

"Yeah, but you managed to convince The Easter Tigers. Only The Golden Dragons can cooperate with them." He continues talking as I feel shifting next to me.

"I knew how to talk with them." I whisper again without opening my eyes. "They needed to be stronger, they needed something, that would interest them. If there was no Crimson Roses, who would get the shipment of illegals in the country?" I smirk at Toni. I snap my eyes open and stare at the ceiling. "They need power and nothing more. I just knew what they desired the most."

"They could have betrayed you, you know?"

"Yeah, only that they couldn't." I chuckle.

"Why couldn't they?" Toni turns at my side and whispers in barely audible voice.

"We made the Blood Pact." I sigh and sit up, remembering the cruel actions written inside of it.

"You made what?!" He whisper yells at me, sitting up immediately as if lightning jolting him. "H-how could you?"

"I couldn't trust them. It was better than nothing." I explain.

"Tell me the details." He instructs me and looks at me with careful expression. I know the things, he might be calculating inside his mind, but stays quiet.

"If I was to betray them, I would be hunted down, killed in the most brutal way, chopped into tiny pieces. All my belonging would go to Tigers and my name would be erased from the history." I gulp and sigh, not saying the most terrible thing. "But if they betrayed me or didn't show up, Tigers would cease to exist. They would be murdered and erased. No one would ever be allowed to whisper their name. All their properties and money would go to me."

"You shouldn't have risked it like that." He whispers and sighs tiredly. "You... no one should ever even think of making Blood Pact. You are now forever chained to them. And they are to you."

"This way, I have one less enemy to worry about and one more ally to depend on." I explain and chuckle. "And Elijah seems to know what he is doing." I add after some time.

"Elijah? You are on the first name bases?" Toni smirks and shakes his head, chuckling.

"When you make Blood Pact with someone, you become close to them." I shrug my shoulder, laughing.

"Does he know about you and The Wolves?" He whispers and raises his eyebrows as I shake my head.

"He doesn't know that I left them. It will cause a bit of war. They would want me to be with them. And I don't really fancy going in New York right now."

"But would you have considered it?" He ask while smirking.

"I mean, why wouldn't I? We have made a Blood Pact, it would be safer that way." I shrug my shoulders and smile. "But I am so done with everything that has to do with gangs." I announce with a slight smile on my lips. "Listen, Toni... there are a lot of things that happened to me last year, and I don't really like talking about them..." I whisper in a low voice and slowly pat his hand.

"But at certain point, you will have to face your fears, won't you?" He asks me gently and smiles at me the way, no one did for a long time.

"Well, at some point we all face our fears." I force a chuckle and shake my head. I can feel weakness growing inside of me, and I can't let it happen. I can't be the same old, navy girl, who ended up being manipulated by everyone in the whole damned world. "But we choose when to face them. Right now, I do not want to remember the horrors, I have been through. I prefer pretending that nothing happened. Like this, maybe, one day, at some point, I will be able to forget."