Familiar Faces

I continue down the hall passing the dead guard that shot Queen Anita.

I pull my mask back over my face and take off running.

"I got this!" I think to myself

The switches are on the 2nd floor and I'm on the third.

"Swoosh." An arrow flys right past my ear and i get down, And hide behind a trash can.

Two young boys run in my direction but they can't see where i went.

I stick my foot out just as the first boy dressed in armor passes me.

He tumbles over my foot sending the boy following close behind him to fall over the first boy.

I pull out my gun and aim it at them.

I freeze.

I can't just kill them like this....right?

But they leave me no choice.

They both stand up and shoot two arrows in my direction, but they miss.

I shoot two bullets in their direction.....but i don't miss.

I make it down to the second  floor and see Summers looking around the corner.

"Summers.....Summers!" I whisper coming up behind her.

She whips her head around with her gun aiming at me.

"Jeez, Flowers, don't walk up on my like that." Summers lowers her gun and looks  back around the corner.

I look two and see at the end of the hall one guard is pacing in front of the door with the switches.

The guard is tall  with jet black hair sticking out is the side of his mask.

He looks nervous.

Seems weird to only have one guard, guarding the switch that could end off of their lives. But I'm not complaining.

We quietly make our way the the end of the hall into a cut out of the hallway that leads to the stairwell.

"Okay I'll shoot him and you....wait why do you have commanders necklace?" Summers whispers

"Queen ....didn't make it. She made me Queen.  Where's Claire.?" I whisper

"She....didn't make it. Got killed saving me." Summers responds with a slight frown. Okay it's time Flowers.....Queen Flowers." She smiles and steps out from our covering.

The guard sees us as soon as we run out and starts firing at us

A bullet hits Summers in the shoulder but i don't have time to check on her.

I tackle the guard, knocking the gun on the ground.

We wrestle back and forth.

He's way stronger than he looks.

Out of the corner of my eye i see Summers trying to get up but another bullet wound i did not see in her stomach is keeping her down.

I'm on top now holding the guard's arms but one gets free and he reaches for his knife.

The blade of the knife cuts deep into my upper thigh and i let out a yell.

I roll off of the guard and hold my leg.

Summers has managed to crawl toward his gun.

She shoots aiming for the guard but he ducks sending the bullet flying into my lower back on the left side missing my spine.

My vision goes black.

The guard picks me up and swings me into the kill switch room.

I crash into the wall and fall on my face.

He locks the door behind him as he steps in the room so that Summers can't help me.

My back is warm with blood.

My gray shirt is soaked, he has to see the blood by now.

But he does not seem to notice.

He makes his way toward me and i reach for my knife.

My pocket is empty.

"Crap where is my knife?" I think to myself.

I try and stand up quickly but I'm too slow and his boot hits me right in the stomach and i fall back.

I get up and head straight for the switches.

I'm in shock so all of the pain hasn't hit me yet.

I open up the container encasing the boy switch and punch in the code.

"4....4...3...." i begin punching in.

Before i can continue he punches me hard in the head with his fist.

I'm seeing spots now.

He punches me again in the back right on the bullet wound.

Now he sees it.

His hand is covered in my blood.

I use his shock to my advantage.

I stagger over to the switch again.

But now i get a good look at the clear box covering the switch.

A  box with the words N.A.T Program engraved in them.

I hear a crash sound behind me from the guard dropping something, but i dont turn around.

"A...Azalea?" I hear softly behind me.

"Yes Summers has come to help me." I think to myself

I whip my head around to see Summers.

But it wasn't Summers.

On the ground beside the guard is the guards helmet.

I look up at his face.

He's older looking now.

Has a small mustache and his arms are more muscular, but i would recognize those blue eyes from anywhere...

....It's Nate.