11|Through the Storm

Start from the beginning

"We were raised together, we played together. Do you remember none of that?" Thor walked a little closer to Loki but kept his distance "I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I was and should be king."
"So you take the world I love as a recompense for your imaginary slights. No the Earth is under my protection."
"And you are doing a marvellous job at that. The humans slaughter each other while you ideally fret. I mean to rule them. Why should I not?"

Freya quickly walked to stand in between them "Stop it. Both of you." Loki chuckled and shook his head as he looked at her "Do not pretend to be so innocent. I know you hated living in the shadow of our brother and I know about your desire for the throne." Freya felt sadness built up inside of her as the image of her once sweet little brother kept being shattered "No. That is different, I choose to not act restlessly. I chose my family."

"Do not think yourself above them brother, or you miss the truth of ruling. A throne would suit you ill." Loki pushed Thor back before walking away and onto the edge of the cliff. "I've seen worlds you have never heard about. I have grown, Odinson, in my exile. I have seen the true power of the Tesseract and when I wield it—"

"Who showed you this power? Who controls it would be king."
"I am a king!"
"Not here!"

"You give up the Tesseract you give up this pointless dream." Thor's blue eyes searched his brother's face, searching for the boy he once new so well "Come home." His usually confident loud voice cracking.

"I don't have it."

Freya blinked rapidly to prevent tears from falling "We are your family, we can be your home. Just let us help you." Her own voice cracking as she raised a hand in his direction but dropped it by her side before touching him.

"You probably need the cube to bring me home but I have sent it off I know not where."

Thor raised Mjölnir and pointed it at Loki "Listen and listen well brother. I—" But before the blonde man could finish his sentence he was knocked off the cliff by a flying metal man.

"I am listening." Loki raised his eyebrows with amusement at where Thor stood only seconds before. Freya looked at him with an expression of un amusement. She was worried about Thor but he could take care of himself. Freya raised a hand and grabbed Loki by his shoulder and teleported them to the foot of the cliff.

Freya stayed silent as Loki walked beside her, she didn't dare speak as she feared that is she spoke she might break down. "Why do you still follow him?" Loki sneakily looked down at her as she clenched her jaw "Because he is my brother. I would follow him into the halls of hell, because he is my family. So are you." She whispered the last part of the sentence. Loki shook his head "I have no family and I have no home."

Freya turned around and grabbed his arm, her white hair whipping around her as it was still humid. "No brother. That is not true and we both know that. You might not be my brother by blood but you are still my brother. Do you not remember all the countless nights I would read or sing to you when you got a nightmare and could not sleep. We learned magic together and I taught you how to correctly hold a dagger." Loki didn't speak and didn't dare to meet her eyes. "We might not have the same blood but we have the same family."

"FREYA!"

Freya quickly ran towards where the voice had come from, Loki followed her.

Once the two had arrived at the clearing they saw Thor standing with the two figures, yet the two didn't seem to be fighting.

"It is alright. They call themselves protectors of Earth." Thor looked at Freya with a sceptical look while he spoke the last part. Her green eyes looked at the two men and once her eyes landed on the one dressed in blue her heart stopped beating for a second. It couldn't be Steve. He was too tall, too muscly and he should be dead. Steve himself seemed to recognise her but. Please Steve, do not say anything. I promise I shall explain everything later. His blue eyes showed his doubts but kept his mouth shut.

"Don't mean to interrupt whatever this is but we should go back to the quinjet." Tony crossed his arms "And he needs to come too." He pointed at Loki, but before he could react Freya spoke up "I can get us there." Steve and Tony looked at her with disbelief "And how do you plan on doing that ma'am?" Steve adjusted his shield on his back.

Freya made eye contact with Thor and moved them towards Tony and the blond man gave her a discreet nod. He walked over and took Tony, who made his protests very audible, by the arm before grabbing Loki and walking over to Freya, who had already taken a hold of Steve.

They all appeared on the quinjet and even Tony seemed to have lost his words for a moment.

Skadi made her way through one of the busy streets. She adjusted the veil around her head as she made her way to the large green and black mansion. The huge door was green with two silver stripes and a silver star in the middle.

She raised her hand and knocked on the door, Skadi stepped back and waited un patiently. "Who is there?" A screen appeared on the star and showed a blue woman with thick black wavy hair, "Skadi Thiazidottir." Skadi waited for the door to open.

Skadi walked inside and was greeted by a robot who had four insect like legs and two very thin arms with three fingers, it lead her over to a black couch where a woman was seated.

"La-Kloff. It is good to see you my friend." La-Kloff turned towards the dark skinned woman "If it isn't my favorite Wanderer." The blue skinned woman wrapped her arms around the shorter brunette for a brief moment before letting go.

"You need a place to stay don't you?" Skadi nodded and allowed La-Kloff to lead her through the enormous mansion towards a guest room "When I heard you were still living here I almost didn't believe it." La-Kloff shrugged "Minn-Erva might be gone but Hala is still my home planet. Besides, I love this giant house."

Skadi looked around the guest room, the room had the colours of the Starforce like the rest of the house "I don't have any stupid political meetings today so meet me in the living room for drinks once you have settled in and then we can catch up."

A/N:
So here it is, first chapter in the events of The Avengers.
Also, yes Skadi is currently in Hala staying at an old friends house. Her friend is a kree, La-Kloff. She has a high position in Hala and yes she was married to Minn-Erva.

Anyway hoped you enjoyed this chapter.
Please vote and/or comment.
Until the next author note.
~Victoria

Funny post

Funny post

[word count:1775]

[word count:1775]