21|Arise like fire

* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

"It's like I got something back I didn't know I lost

I lost.
And that's the part I'll choose to remember."
~Hiccup, How to train your dragon
* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

Footsteps echoed through the dark stone corridors as a young man quickly made his way towards an ice blue door.

"Do you know why I left?" Skadi looked at the smaller woman who sat on her bed. Freya shrugged a little while she looked at the younger woman "You felt like you did not belong?" Skadi shook her head "No, at least not entirely. There was this voice in my room, it came from the shadows. It spoke about being the true heir to the throne."

Freya's eyes widened slightly as she wrecked her mind for an idea of whom that might have been "True heir to the throne? As far as I am aware that title belongs to Thor." Skadi nodded slowly "It was strange. But I haven't heard anything remotely like that since I came here."

Before the women could discuss more about the strange encounter the ice blue door of Skadi's room was flung open, in the same manner as Volstagg always would. In the doorway there stood a dark skinned man with short dark hair, black armour and the infamous metal armguards with blades sticking out of them.

"Sigurn. I told you about knocking." Skadi looked over at the man with a both bored and irritated expression which only made him smile widely like a puppy "I did, perhaps not out loud but in my head I did. Does that count?" Skadi looked at the man before looking away.

"Sigurn, it has truly been too long." Freya stood up from the bed and walked over to the younger man, who smiled at her "Freya, welcome back. Tell me, is the palace still glittery and gold?" Sigurn held Freya at arms length as he inspected her, Freya's expression saddened for a second as she remembered the recent deaths, she took a breath before plastering another smile on her lips "It has seen better days."
"Are you here to take my beloved companion home? Our custody rights say that I only get one holiday every few hundred years." Sigurn snorted at his joke and Skadi's reaction as the woman immediately replied just like he predicted.

"This is my home. Not some fancy place with rainbows and paradise."

"This is my home. Not some fancy place with rainbows and paradise." Sigurn spoke along as he received a dirty glare from Skadi. "Perhaps we could now see Thiazi and Hlin, as you all have returned from hunting." Freya looked between the two wandering giants in curiosity. Skadi and Sigurn nodded as they both turned around to walk through the doorway.

Freya walked next to Skadi as the trio made their way to the throne room. The same walls that had always greeted Freya when she was a child still the same almost making it seem that it hadn't been hundreds of years since she had been in the castle.

Sigurn opened the tall ice coloured doors to the throne room and allowed the two princesses to walk inside before following them. Freya's green eyes looked at the two thrones made of ice, they were truly magnificent, ice stuck out of them in a wild elegant way and many runes were imbedded in the ice.