28|Mind of Stone

* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

"The worst nightmares are experienced with eyes wide awake

with eyes wide awake."
~Midara
* .·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·. *

Freya looked around the room filled with men and women who asked her father for her hand. It was the princess' 800th name day, meaning she was officially of age. As the now woman was of age, many had come to ask for the young princess' hand in marriage. It disgusted Freya, she was the Goddess of Love and would not just marry some random lord or lady.

Odin didn't dare to pressure his little girl into an arranged marriage but still suggested she at least met the suitors. Not only for the alliance the marriage would bring, but also if Freya and Thor were to marry soon, it would increase the chances of them having a child, an heir. More specifically, it would increase the chances of them having two daughters and thus taking away the dragon power from Freya and Skadi before they ever claimed it. Not that he would ever dare tell Frigga about his last wish.

Freya sat quietly at one of the tables, her hands nervously picked at her dress as many asked her to dance or to simply talk to her. At first she would comply but she was just tired at that point and Thor had his own suitors swarming him. The elder brother had occasionally come to save his sister, but he was pretty occupied himself. As for Loki, he had quietly slipped away after the first hour.

A rather good looking man looked at the young girl. He smiled at her, not only was she beautiful, she wasn't arrogant like her brother, what in his opinion made her more attractive than her looks ever could. He bit his lip for a second before making his way towards Freya, he might as well try to charm her.

"Your Royal Highness." He bowed lightly and Freya looked up at him "Hello my lord." The man looked at Freya again and laughed a little "Oh no no no my lady. I am no lord." This caught the attention of Freya, if he wasn't a lord, how was he at the party as one of her suitors? "Oh..." She smiled lightly "I am Freya. What is your name?" The blond man smiled down at her fondly "Fandral the Dashing. It is an honour to meet you Princess Freya." He kissed her hand.

Skadi looked at Hlin, the woman barley kept her eyes open. Aslaug held up the bottle of medicine and carefully brought it to Hlin's lips. The Asgardian queen coughed as the liquid entered her mouth. Skadi sighed and wrapped her arms around herself before walking away.

Freya sat alone on the quinjet, claiming that she needed to sleep. The truth was that she had hidden Bucky's file so she could read it in peace. The paper felt rough to the touch and for a second Freya didn't want to open it, but she had to. She needed to know what happened to the young man with the lopsided grin and twinkling crystal eyes.