30 deep talks + christmas

skip one month - november 22nd 2019

it's been a week since harrison and i's one year and tonight he's coming around so we can watch a movie. he picks out fast and furious but halfway in we both don't seem too interested in it. we decide to just sit and talk until we became tired and needed to sleep.

we start talking about some really deep topics and then it comes around to our future together. "what do you want your future to look like?" i ask he and he chuckles. "i dunno aye. ideally i want to live here by the beach and i think having a house or something in new zealand would be cool. and also want to be married with a couple of kids and just spending my days by the beach" he says and i nod. "and you are hopefully going to be part of my future as well" he says and looks at me and pecks me on the lips. "sounds like the perfect future" i say and he smiles. "what about you?" he asks me. "i don't really have a vision set out. ideally i just want to be by the beach with the love of my life and a couple of kids" i say and snuggle into him. "i hope it'll be with you as well" i say and he kisses the top of my head.

that night we spend it together and he cuddles me close in bed. "love you, sleep tight baby" he whispers just before i fall asleep.

one month later - december 24th 2019

it's christmas eve baby!

the cafe i'm working at is closed from christmas eve - boxing day then it opens for a bit then is closed again from the 30th dec - 3rd jan just because everyone wants a break.

i'm not going home for a break at any stage and mums not coming over here so i really have no plans for the new year and christmas holidays. harrison's family is coming to visit in a few days and he's told me to come and tag along but i keep saying no. i want him to spend time with his family since they've come all the way from new zealand and i don't want to be a distraction and pull him away from being with his family.

anyways, tonight since it's christmas eve maxi harrison and i are cooking a bbq dinner then going to walk around the streets to hunt out christmas lights.

because it's summer at christmas time in australia and it's like 25° at night, we all just leave the apartments in t-shirt and shorts. i get a piggy back ride from harrison as we walk around the lights and eventually i start to feel sleepy. it's about ‪10pm‬  which isn't too bad but i really just wanna sleep right now. "can we head back" i whisper into harrison's ear and he nods. he puts me down and tells maxi we are heading back and he tags along. "you staying tonight el?" maxi asks and i shrug. "depends if you want me to" and harrison jumps up and down. "i want you to!" he exclaims and i laugh. "calm down buddy" i say and he grabs a hold of my hand. i've learnt to leave a pair of comfy clothes that i can sleep in at harrison's because i'm around so often and just end up sleeping there.

we've both talked to maxi to see if he minds me staying over some nights and he likes it when i come over because we get to see each other and he tells me that it gives him a break from harrison being stupid. i always laugh at that but he demands that it's true. we say goodnight to maxi and i walk into harrison's room and flop onto his bed. "come on love, change into those pjs and come cuddle" he says and whips off his shirt. "mmm" i say with my face still in the covers. i don't move but harrison tells me to get changed. i walk over to his dresser and pick out one of his t-shirt's then get changed into it, leaving my bra and undies on underneath. "fine, just steal it then" he says and i climb into bed with him and fall asleep instantly.

"baby, it's christmas, time to wake up" i hear harrison whisper into my ear and i smile and roll around to face him. with my eyes still closed i feel him pull me closer to him and my face gets buried in his chest. "merry christmas babe" he says and pulls me away. "merry christmas to you too" i say and open my eyes.

since it's early and him and maxi have to go to work, we don't spend to much time thinking that it's christmas. maxi isn't coming back tonight, he's going to see his family for two days so i give him a present just before he leaves. after saying goodbye to the boys i head up to my apartment and head back to sleep because i'm still kinda tired.