Part 2

Ming had a lot on his mind since last night when Pha and Beam got engaged. From the moment his love for P'Kit was realized, he knew where he wanted their relationship to go, which was why mere weeks after P'Kit accepted him he'd taken the young man to meet his parents. Although Kit had not hinted at even taking him to his family he did not mind because Ming knew that Kit was not like him and it would take a while for Kit to fully trust him.

Ming was aware that in the beginning that Kit did not think the best of him, he knew that Kit had thought he was a cheat and a liar but, he'd allowed his actions to show the older man that he was someone who could be trusted and be depended on. It also did not hurt that Yo himself had cleared any misunderstanding there may have been.

Ming had been so happy when his Phi had agreed to wear their couple's bracelet. Ming proudly wore his, there were times when he would notice that Kit would try to hide his, especially when they were to in public. It was as if he was afraid that someone would notice that they were together. More often than not they would spend their alone time behind closed doors, not that he minded, but he wanted to be like his friends and be affectionate in public. in the beginning, he'd thought it was just his Phi's shyness but less and less he was believing that.

Ming began to believe that his phi was ashamed of their relationship and that made him sad. Ming had always been someone who gave his all in a relationship whether it be romantic or friendship.

Ming could not remember a time where he had ever been envious of anyone, but right now he was covetous of the other couples in their small group. His best friend, Yo who had always been shy would sit on his boyfriend's lap in public and although he would blush profusely at that fact he did it, he never refused Forth when the older man offered him his thigh t sit on, Yo seemed to revel in the older's possessiveness. As for Pha and Beam, he saw them kissing time and again, and neither would turn away, it was as if they could not get enough of each other.

If at any time he dared to suggest either of those things to his phi the latter would give him the stink eye and tell him ' You know I don't like public displays of affection.'  A kiss on the cheek was the most Kit was willing to accept.

Before Ming could stop it a tear was running down his cheek, he loves his phi and would do anything for him. So he would not get into an accident because of his blurry vision, Ming pulled to the side of the road and allowed himself to cry until there were no more tears.

*****

That evening after classes were ended Ming went to pick up Kit as promised his classes had ended earlier and he'd gone to clear his head. He wished he could have spoken to someone to get a fresh perspective, but Yo was in class until late due to labs. Ming Knew he could talk to his mom, but that would bring its own troubles as his mon could be overprotective and she would not like the fact that he was sad.

Upon arriving to pick up Kit, he plastered a smile on his face so as not to worry his lover he had tried to place something cool over his eyes to help the redness and puffiness but it had not helped much. There was not much he could do to hide his face he only hoped that the fact that the sun had set would help.

When kit Got into the car and closed the door he noticed the puffiness of Ming's eyes and immediately felt a pang of guilt, "Ming let's get some take out," he said while caressing the younger man's cheek, "I have something to tell you."

Ming felt his heart squeeze, here it is the moment he had been dreading, "Phi, I ..." kit quickly interrupted him, "Please Ming, it's important."  Kit gave him that look he found irresistible, "Okay," he said in a quiet voice, that in itself scared Kit, Ming was hardly the quiet type, and hearing that tone convinced him that it was time to tell Ming the whole truth.

After getting dinner the boys drove to Kit's building, once they washed up, Kit set up the food, and once again, Ming was playing with his food.

 "Ming, please eat something, you didn't have lunch today."  

"I am not feeling very hungry phi."

"Babe you'll get sick," the other boy said while caressing the back of his lover's hand, "Okay, I'll eat," Seeing Kit still show he cared gave Ming some hope that the older man still loved him, and might not want to break up with him. After dinner, the leftovers were cleared and the boys sat down to have the dreaded talk.

"Ming, " Kit began, "I have a confession to make," Ming's heart began to drum in his chest, 'This is it,' Ming thought, 'I am going to get my heart broken now.'                                        

"The reason I have not taken you to my parents..." Kit wondered if there was an easier way to say this, but none came to mind "...it's because...this is so embarrassing to say," Kit says while wringing his hands. "P'Kit, you know I love you more than anyone else in this world, you are my everything, you can tell me anything I can take<" despite what bad news Kit may relate to him, he still wanted to be someone that could be relied upon by the elder.

Kit took a deep breath and just blurted out, "My dad hates rich people." It took a moment for Ming to register what Kit said, "Is that all phi?"

"What do you mean is that all? It's a big deal for us, I love you, Ming, so much, and because of something that happened years before we were born I don't have the courage to take you to meet my family," Kit said in a dejected tone. Phi, the reason I say that is because I thought you were gonna break up with me."

"What...? No, Ming, I want to take you to meet my family," Kit sighed, "but I am afraid of what my dad will do. I'm afraid he'll ask me to choose, between you and my family." there was a hitch in Kit's voice at those words, "I don't want to choose," Kit cried as he buried his face in Ming's chest.