Chapter 24 ✔️

Start from the beginning

My eyes were still closed when his husky voice, reached my ears. His words uttered with utmost sincerity.

I opened them only to see his heavily hooded eyes, had turned confused. His eyebrows furrowed.

But in a fraction of second his eyes widened in horror. It was the first time I saw a flash of terror on Chase Moran's face. He was a monster who foist pain upon others. Even the devil would think twice, before appearing infront of him.

But the man who was standing infront of me, with a terror-stricken face wasn't the one I had been seeing from the time, I came here.

His terror stricken face turned hard. His jaw clenched, a fire blazing in his dark eyes, his fist curling up beside him, and his body tensed up. Those muscles, going hard and stiff beneath my fingers, as my hand lays on his heart.

"FUCK!" He snarled out, making me gasp out in fear. His face snapped towards me and with a flash, he grabbed my forearm. His hold firm, yet gentle.

A distant sound of helicopter's blades caught my attention.

Chase continued to drag me out of my room, and as soon as I set my foot out of my room, the scene infront of me accelerated my heartbeat.

Maids were running all in one direction, the guards heavily armed, with guns raised up in defence.

"What is going on here!?" I asked him, but he didn't bother to reply me, and continue to drag me to his office.

The helicopters were nearby as I can see impact of it outside from the glass windows. The tress were moving violently.

What the hell was going on!?

Chase dragged me into his office, slam shutting the door. He was heaving, his face twisted in worry and anger. Swallowing down heavily, he padded towards his desk as I stood behind him dumbfounded.

"Will you atleast tell me whats going on!?" I screamed out in utter frustration.

He halted on his steps, turning to face me.

Grabbing me gently by the shoulders, he looked into my eyes and said the words, which hitched my breath for a second.

"The mansion is under attack."

"What?" I murmured out.

"I don't have time to repeat. This was not supposed to happen in this way. Come, I have to keep you safe."

He knelled down beneath his table, touching something, which made a swiss sound behind me.

I turned back only to gape in utter disbelief. The bookshelves sunder into two parts, opening up into a hidden vault.

Taking my hand, he stepped into it. The vault was literally huge, divided into numerous number of big, steel cabinets. White florescent light illuminating the room.

I gasped out in pure disbelief. Twirling around the room, I gaped at those huge sized cabinets.

Cupping my cheeks, into his warm hands, Chase looked at me. His eyes warm and soothing. Concern flashing into those deep orbs.

"I want you to stay here. Do not try to touch anything. This room is sound proof as well as as bullet proof. The door will only open with my finger print, so don't worry. You will be safe here. I have to go now," he whispered tenderly, his nose touching me, and protectiveness shining in his dark eyes.

He took a step back and my heart jolted in fear and panic. The fear of loosing him. I clutched his hand, which was still placed on my cheek, shaking my head negatively.