There's something wrong with Jacobe

Start from the beginning

"Oh..well that wont hold you the rest of the day, i'll get you some money" She quickly turns on her heels but I stop her

"Mom stop, it's okay. I'm fine really. Bye, love you" And I'm out the door into the cold, pulling my scarf over my nose. Squinting against the wind and hoping that I would get some time to chat with Jacobe today.

*******************

"I should've stayed home today, the fact that these selfish bastards didn't cancel school today reminds me of how evil the American educational system really is." Phoebe plops down in the seat beside me with her arms tightly coiled around her body with a grumpy pout that was meant to be serious but of course I laughed because shes so cute

"This isn't anything compared to a Serbian winter, now that was brutal"

Phoebe rolled her eyes "On your next destination, make it Maui and hit my line before you go so I can start packing a bag and learn to hula. I'm sick of this cold and these people"

I smile but keep my mouth closed, knowing of the people she detested but wouldn't give any names to thought. I looked down at my phone instinctively and saw no new messages. I let out a small disappointed sigh

"No texts from boo boo bear?" Phoebe teases

"None, and ew don't call him that pet names would never suit him" I laugh

"Mmm, I think crazy bastard rings just well with him"

"Do you have something that needs to be said to me Phoebe. I suggest it be said to me and not friend." The dark voice makes us both pick up our heads at the tall boy. Instead of his usual nothing, Jacobe actually made an effort and wore a a thin looking NorthFace jacket zipped all the way up to his neck and basic black gloves. I panic, too quickly to celebrate the victory of him actually dressing semi appropriate.

"You know what Vladkov-" My friend begins but I cut her off. The last thing I want is for a argument to break out between these two. "-Jacobe..Good morning, why didn't you answer my text?" I get up trying to change the subject.

The unforgiving gaze diverts to me but his eyes don't change

"I was busy, I will be busy for a while dear girl" This makes me a bit uneasy, normally he just tells me he is just not the kind of person to does good morning texts. But now something else was taking up his time. "Busy...? With what exactly?" School work was simply non existent in the Vladkov high school life, his friends were not exactly a laundry list nor were there current chaotic happenings within his own household. Unless that was failed to be mentioned.

But I didn't get an answer

Instead Jacobe's coal eyes do not blink. He does not flinch at my question. He is still like Marble

"Do not worry girl. Nothing that will send you to an early grave"

Was that meant to be a joke? I'll never know. His face rarely changes in the community of others and even a joke would not break the mask. Phoebe scoffs and diverts her attention to her phone while I try to silently get an answer. His thick palm is raised to my head. Petting my hair before diving down my cheek and when into the crevice of my neck gently, squeezes. I feel the security he outstretches to me. But not the truth.

"Alright, alright we're all ice cubes but I just asked the janitor to put on the heat so that were not all freezing while discussing the complexities of Notre dame and the Latin Renaissance" The instructor enters the room looking over dressed and extra large coffee in hand to keep her warm, enticing a hasty scramble of students to their respective seating. I turn from Jacobe and return back to my seat. He stalks quietly to the back of the class.