Confession

"FOR someone who got dumped on their date with the hottest guy in school you sure do look happy" My happiness quickly fades hearing Phoebes annoying remark and my painting stops.

I turn to her with a smirk, her hair was silky straight today compared to her normal bustling curls and looked very cute. She winked but went back to her own canvas to paint. No doubt stick figures. We were in class supposed to be painting what the holidays meant to us however my friend decided that bothering me would be how she expressed herself.

With Christmas coming around I had to think of more than one gift to give

"You have no filter do you? And I wasn't dumped I left on my own" I turn my nose up making her laugh

"Zero, but girlll you have more chill than me! I would have tore her ass up and keyed his car. I would never forgive him" I just roll my eyes, it was nothing to be angry about. Sure I was embarassed and extremely hurt however- if it wasn't meant to be then why hold a grudge. Drew could have Natasha's trifling ass and I don't care how many mean looks she gives.

Not to mention, Drew has been avoiding me. Not like I would talk to him anyways. No matter how hard he turned the corners in the hallways when seeing me. He knew he was wrong and that was enough. Coward.

Besides, I have a little distraction

Jacobe as hard to believe as it was; a breath of fresh air. Telling Phoebe this would be useless as she never and probably will ever have the privilege to see the real him. No one would.

That saddened me more than it should

When he wasn't blood brawling or sassing off, the young Vladkov was very appealing. Blood curdling fun, enjoyable, attentive. And dare I say, cute. But I would be keeping that to myself.

It's been a few days since our last talk in his room and to say my impression of him has taken a complete turn around is an understatement.

Jacobe wasn't a saint, far from it. But his secretly charming personality had my attention all weekend. I felt closer to him, we were friends for the most part and I was enjoying it. We exchange tales of our lives and make the other laugh.

He actually did laugh when I told him my middle name, but it wasn't malicious. More of him expecting that kind of thing

"Im not even surprised" He said between labored breaths when he laughed hysterically. i found myself joining in on his laughter. Because Star was a long shot from "Yuri"

Phoebe was even starting to be less bothered by the mention of him. Of course I wasn't so silly as to keep speaking about him in her presence but now she's at least tolerant when he does come up.

The only thing weird I've been noticing was that he would leave immediately after school

"Grown up business" He would say, promise I would hear a text from him or surprise me by sneaking in my room later on. Which he always did at some time or another so I never questioned it, we weren't dating or anything. It sucked that my feelings were one sided

I liked him

It was true, but I'm sure as a heart beat someone like Jacobe preferred bolder women who spoke their minds and were confident. Stunning girls like Phoebe who were all charm and didn't hold their tongues for anyone. Who weren't afraid of a little fist fight while also holding their own.

I didn't even go on the list

"Annnd finished" I say trying to shoo away the invasive thoughts, Phoebe scoots over to take a look but a gasp replaces any words she was about to say