Rise of a Leader

Welcome back! Take a seat, get cozy won't ya? Happy New Year again, I am attempting to try the gym again and hopefully I don't quit two months in but how y'all doing!

"WELL look who it is, no show asshole. You know I was saying no way Vladkov not gonna come. He always come. And if he doesn't he's dead or arrested! But you are alive and not incarcerated! Are you done fighting and good boy now?" My fists clench in my pockets but I keep my neutral appearance walking into the usual pub. I don't bite the hand that feeds and picking fight with owner of the place I hang out at wasn't smart.

Dima besides his staggering height did not stand out much. He was your stereotypical sweatsuit wearing middle aged Russian dude. He had no family and cursed like a sailor but was known for beating the living shit out of everyone who disrespected his bar and country. Never letting even a joke about Russia slide.

Unfortunately the man was a key organizer of the Barn, has been on the cops radar for a while but they could never pin anything on him. His ordinary appearance is his super power.

But I didn't have to explain shit to anyone

Especially some patriotic barkeep

It was late afternoon Sunday only 4. Yet the sky was that burnt orange color, slashed with pink and molten gold. It seeped through the crooked windows of the lonely bar. Giving it a comforting image while specks of light bounced from object to criminal, indicating the suns setting pattern.

It reminded me of her
She had eyes that resembled the sunset, bright and warm. It had only been yesterday I let her be my nurse. Let her touch me, something I have high caution towards. Yet I felt the sincerity with every burn of peroxide. I gave my number incase she ever needs help as I was one who liked to repay my debts. But her lack of contact means she either didn't notice it or didn't know what to say

I doubt someone like Dawn would ever need help getting out of a fight, it's impossible for me to see those noddle arms throwing hands. Sigh..I needed to get the girl out of my thoughts. But now that I was drastically exposed to the sweet scent, escaping her is nearly impossible.

I acknowledge everyone I know and Igor who is sat at his regular spot then take my place on a stool

"Don't fuck with me Dima. I'm pissed off as it is losing my damn money" I pound my knuckles into the wood, scaring some guy next to me. Making him spill some of his drink. The drunk quickly wobbles off his stool and takes another at the other end of bar. I scoff.

"You let pussies in here now?"

"Aye I let you in here when you were fucking fetus. You still come in book bag from school." he cleans the spilled liquor and refers to the bag on my back

"But drank like 40 year old Soviet soldier" I raise a random glass. Something to distract me but also cool me down long enough to plot specific vengeance.

One thing I was proud of was reputation and it burned in me if it got sullied in any way. Shallow maybe but who cares. Dima continued to clean glasses behind the bar, pouring more vodka into the cups of those who had already been on their eighth glass.

"So what happened? Aleksei beat you for trying to leave?"

The rest of the bar chuckles but others knew not to start shit with me just because of my youth