Chapter 26

Mario rushed to Luigi's side. "Luigi! Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Mario... Just-Just stay back. I don't want them to take you away again. This is my fight." Luigi replied.

"No Luigi. I'm not gonna let you fight alone. We fight together! No matter what, I am fighting by your side whenever I can and no ghosts are gonna-"

The Haunter used Poison Jab on Mario causing him to hit the wall from the impact.

"MARIO!!!" Luigi cried. He turned back to the Haunter in anger rather than fear. He took out his Thunderstone and used Thunderbolt.

The Haunter growled at Luigi and simply shook off the attack.

Mario got back up to his paws and glared at the Haunter.

"Mario! Luigi! Be careful!" Lightning shouted.

"Don't worry. They're not alone!" Alex added. Alex used Ice Punch, Gabe used Magical Leaf, Max used Ember, Jake used Water Gun and Churro used Leaf Storm. The attacks all hit the Haunter making the Haunter weaker and more angry. The Haunter used Psychic on Mario and Luigi.

The brothers struggled to get free.

"No!!! Let them go!!!" Lightning ordered.

"I don't think so!!" He yelled back at her.

Lightning attempted to use Iron Tail on the cage again but nothing worked.

Suddenly, Klefki flew out of Luigi's scruff in anger as if she was disturbed from her nap. She used Dazzling Gleam on the Haunter. Mario and Luigi fell to the floor face first.

They groaned as they got back up to see Klefki using another Dazzling Gleam.

"Go Klefki!!!" The Brothers shouted in unison.

Klefki then used Play Rough on Haunter. Haunter growled in annoyance and disappeared.

He reappeared behind the brothers. "Mario! Luigi! Look out behind you!" Lightning warned.

They barely managed to dodge his Sucker Punch. Luigi used Thunder.

"What Haunter didn't notice was that Alex sneaked over to Lightning's cage. He used Power-up Punch to destroy the lock and free her. She walked out, unnoticed by the Haunter.

"Thanks..." she whispered.

Alex smiles at her. "No problem."

Lightning rushed towards Luigi's side. Surprising both the brothers and Haunter. She used Thunderbolt followed by Electro Ball. The Haunter fainted and vanished.

"Lightning!!" Luigi said happily before de-evolving back into an Eevee. "Thank goodness your safe. But how did you escape?"

"Alex helped me escape without Haunter noticing." She answered.

Luigi turned to Alex. "Great job!" He said.

"It wasn't a problem at all. I'm glad to help."

"Come on. We should get out of here, I don't think I want to stay here for any longer." Lightning added.

"Me neither..." Luigi replied with a shutter.

Lightning put a paw on his shoulder and smiled at him. He smiled back at her.

At that moment, Swift rushed towards them. They didn't notice that he came into the room until he revealed himself. "Stay away from my Pikagirl!!!" He shouted, tackling Luigi down.

"Help!!!" Luigi cried.

Lightning gasped. "Luigi!! Swift, leave him alone. Don't hurt him!!"

Swift didn't hear her and used Thunder Punch on Luigi. "Ow..." Luigi moaned. "Get off me!!" Luigi attempted to use Bite on him but the attack missed.

"No one cares about you, Pesky Eevee!! You're just a loser and a filthy humon!!! Lightning deserves better than you. She shouldn't love you. She should love me!!" Swift growled.

Lightning used Iron Tail on Swift, knocking him off of Luigi. "How dare you treat him that way!! I will never love you Swift! You don't own me!!" She yelled.

Lightning looked up to see that Luigi was gone.

"Luigi.... Luigi!!! Where are you?!" She shouted, "what did you do to him?" She growled at Swift.

"I didn't do anything..." Swift replied, innocently.

"Mario, do you know where he went?"

"No... I was watching you and Swift fight."

Lightning turned to their friends. They only shook their heads and frowned.

"Oh no... We better find him and fast. He could be in danger." Lightning gasped.

The group nodded in agreement.

Lightning turned to Swift and gave him a death stare. "And as for you!! I don't want to see you ever again!! Now leave me alone!!" She growled.

"Come on guys. We need to find him. Alex can you sense his Aura?"

Alex closed his eyes after he few moments he replied, "I think I found him. We should go!"

They followed Alex out of the house. Unbeknownst to them, three Gastly were watching him. They grinned and laughed easily. "Aww!! The poor little coward is all alone. That's too bad for him. We need to find him first and bring him to the King." One of the Gastly said.

The other two nodded and vanished.

__________________________
That's the end of Chapter 26. More will be coming soon. Hope you enjoyed ^U^