Chapter 3

Mario, Luigi, Lightning, Klefki and Rita made it to the PK Police Station. Rita growled and tried to claw at Luigi, who was the closest. Luigi jumped in surprise and backed up.

Lightning pulled him back. "Don't worry Luigi. I won't let her hurt you."

"O-okay. Sh-she just scares me." He quivered.

Lightning gave him a small smile. "It's okay... Just follow me."

The brothers followed Lightning to a Shiny Garchomp. "Atlas!" Lightning called to him.

The Garchomp walked over. Luigi hid behind Mario when he looked at them.

The Garchomp turned to Lightning. "What do you want?" He asked.

"One of our Starter Squad members have become hostile. Could you keep an eye on her  while we are out trying to find who is behind this crime?"

"And What do we get out of this? We can't babysit one of your little riled up Squad members without something for it." Atlas bellowed.

Lightning sighed. "Fine..." she gives him a small bag filled with 300 pokècoins. "Happy?"

Atlas grunted before nodding. "Alright you got a deal then, mouse." He took Rita and walked off to put her in her own cell.

Lightning rolled her eyes with his remark before turning away.

"Come on guys, we got a job to do. We need to go to the Starter Squad Headquarters to tell Paarthurnax we can handle the mission." The brothers followed her out of the station.

                                  ***

Luigi ran ahead to Lightning's side. "L-Lightning?"

"Yes, Luigi?"

"I don't like how that... Pokémon... Treated you..."

"What do you mean??"

"I mean he called you a mouse."

Lightning looked down. "I know..."

"Well... Why didn't you say anything?" Luigi asked her.

"Because... I don't know... I just didn't want to cause a scene with a police officer. It would make the squad look bad." Lightning answered.

"Oh that makes sense then." Luigi replied.

"Come on, we're almost there." Lightning told them. They picked up the pace to hurriedly get to the headquarters.

___________________________
That's the end of Chapter 3. More coming soon. Hope you enjoyed.  It's a short chapter again but usually the first few chapters are short. They'll get longer as we progress more into it.