"So, how are you planning to bring it up?" Daniel asked.

    "What? I'm not bringing it up, you are. There's no way I'm asking."

    "You're the one that's jealous. Why should I ask him?"

    Catalina shook her head, tightening the grip around her bag strap. "Yeah, no. I'm not jealous, are you crazy?"

    "Oh please ." Daniel rolled his eyes. "You were looking at her like you were about to cut her in half."

    "I'm not jealous," she growled. "Far from it. I'm only curious."

    "Yeah, well I'm not asking him about her. Like what would you want me to say? 'Damn son, she fine , you seein' her or something'?"

    "Is she actually hot? Like she's prettier than me, that's for sure but like..."

    "Are you feeling insecure, Cat?"

    "Insecure?" Catalina stopped in her tracks. "Insecure about what? There's a million girls that are hella cuter than me. I'm not expecting to be the prettiest person on earth."

    Daniel spun on his heel, and continued walking backwards. "You think she might just snatch your man? Or your wig? Or both? "

    Catalina scoffed, and hurried to catch up with him. "My man? What're you, crazy? And I am not afraid of her taking Jae. Need I remind you, we aren't actually together?"

    "Yeah well, I'd be worried if I were you. She was a true queen."

    "And what am I then?"

    Daniel shrugged. "A peasant? I thought it was obvious."

    Catalina smacked Daniel on the shoulder repeatedly with her hat as he inched away from her.

    "Abuse! Abuse!" He laughed and tried to defend himself by crouching. He then ran to hide in front of Andrea, since he knew Catalina wouldn't bother her. Especially when she was angry.

    "You're so mean!" Catalina called from behind them and Jae turned around for a second before he continued his conversation with Andrea.

    What if he was actually seeing her? What if he liked her? Catalina shook her head, it wasn't any of her business.

    "Cat?"

    She lifted her head. She spotted Philip from the corner of her eye. He was surrounded by a group of guys, some she recognized and others she'd never seen before. She gave a weak wave and he immediately strode towards her. She silently cursed herself for staying behind while her friends walked on ahead, unaware of her current dilemma.

    "Uhm, hey." Catalina tried not to avoid eye contact. She wanted to show him that she was fine. She wanted to show him that the talk they'd had over lunch the other day didn't matter at all.

    "Having lunch alone? Why don't you join us?" He nodded towards his group of friends crowding by the sandwich shop.

    She shook her head. "No, I'm actually with Jae, Daniel and Andrea."

    "Really?" His eyes trailed away.

    She looked to where she had last seen them but they weren't there anymore. They ditched her. "Uhm," she laughed, "they went on ahead to grab a table. I was thinking of getting a smoothie but I wasn't sure."

    "Ah." Philip nodded. "Well if you get bored of them, you can always join us." He winked down at her and her breath caught in her throat. "You know, about lunch the other day," he mumbled and she thought she could see a bit of uneasiness. "I'm happy we talked. It really cleared things up."