Jesse P.O.V

I took one final glance around the decent hole in the wall New York City bar.  My mystery man just isn't going to show up. I should have followed my first mind when Krissy suggested this internet dating mess. Once I finally get the courage to get up and leave I reach into my clutch to pay my tab. I feel a light tap on my shoulder and as I turn around I have to fight the urge to gasp. The sexiest man ever to grace this planet was standing before me. He gives me a shy smile . "Jesse Adams ?" He inquires. In my stupor I can't figure out how he knows me but I'm more than willing  to find out .
"Yes and you are ?" I reply.

"Oh excuse me , I'm Brian Daniels"

"Brian Daniels"?...I trailed off

"MysteryMan1000",
he said chuckling and scratching the back of his neck embarrassed.

As I stood there staring like an idiot he took a seat next to me. I couldn't think of anything to say. Looking to be about 6ft with long dark hair swept to the back and mesmerizing deep blue eyes. His lips were pulled back in a sheepish grin showing off his beautiful pearly white teeth. He wore a nice black suit with a white dress shirt and a tie as blue as his orbs . This man standing before me was truly a sight for sore eyes. How could he be looking for a date on the internet, women must be throwing themselves at him constantly. Although he was two hours late ,  I decided stay and chat for a little while longer . He is such a good looking guy I felt compelled to stay .

For the next couple of hours Brian and I sat at the bar chatting and sipping our drinks. He was a single man living alone in a studio apartment in the city. He has been working as a paramedic for about 2 years. I told him a little bit about myself ,well enough for a first date I suppose. I'm an investment banker and I live alone in my small home with my cat Nala. We laughed about a couple things even talked about the weather as silly as it seems. I found myself being so intrigued by him. I was very much enjoying his conversation and was in no rush to end our night. As I went to take a sip of of my martini I looked up to see him staring at me as if trying too figure somthing out.

"What"? I asked.

"Im just wondering why someone as beautiful as yourself is looking for a date on the internet", he replied .

That made me blush from head to toe but I guess he was right . I don't really look like the type too be internet dating either. Im 5'4 with long auburn hair ,smooth olive skin and dark brown eyes underneath long thick lashes. I currently have on a nice black bandage dress. It hugs my body tightly and stop at my thighs. I curled my hair and added a touch of blush to my already rosy cheeks. Although I may have the look I don't have the life or personality most people would assume. I'm very anti social and besides my bestfriend Kris I don't hang with anyone . I love to curl up under my covers and binge watch shows or read my books .

"Thank you, although I could ask you the same thing , I replied

"There is more to me than what meets the eye ", he told me.

"I would love to see more of you "I coyly replied taking another sip of my drink.

"I'll be sure to hold you to that "he replied smoothly.

We chatted a little while longer before I realized it was almost 2am. I had to be in the office by 9 the next morning. My boss will gladly have my ass for being late although as tipsy as I felt I would probably be late anyways. Brian being a gentleman offered too walk me too my car and I gladly accepted .

"I had a great time tonight Jesse and I truly apologize for being late ",he whispers in my ear .

Shocked by his closeness I jumped a bit and accidentally dropped my clutch. I turned around laughing at my silliness and reached down to collect my bag . As I stood back up straight I stumbled a bit and Brian grabbed my arm to steady me. When I was all the way upright he still held my arm and then slid his hand down into mine. I was blushing something fierce but I held onto his hand. Thank God it was a dimly lit parking lot. Once we finally reached my all black Honda Accord I fumbled around in my purse for my keys and opened my driver door. I leaned in and dropped my purse onto my passenger seat . Saying a silent prayer that my breath was okay because I knew he was going to kiss me . As I started to turn and say goodnight I felt a slight pinch on the back of my neck . Confused , I turned slowly grabbing my neck as a dull ache began to set in .Spits formed in my eyes and vision began to fade but not before I made out the silhouette of a man standing over me and then complete darkness .