|35|

"No matter what you do, you can never be my parents!" She growled at them and walked away.

Losing both her parents along with her sibling at the age of 10 would just be as traumatic as it was for little Kiara. She was Om and Gauri's eldest child who also happened to be the most pampered one.

"She's never going to accept us, Shivaay!" Annika, Om's sister who also is Shivaay's wife sighed as bitter tears fell from her eyes.

"I miss Gauri and Om a lot!" Annika broke into a sob and fell into her husband's arms.

"Hey, I miss my lil sis and best friend too! But, if you're gonna breakdown like this, then who would care for our little Kiara?"

"She hates us! Me especially! She thinks I'm trying to make her forget Gauri and Om! She thinks I'm trying to take their place! I just don't know what to do!"

"Well, first things first, let's remind her that we are her family too! We aren't her parents but she can always look up to us!" Shivaay began explaining.

"Will this work?"

"I don't know! But guess what? Now that we are being her family, there's only one way to find it out!"

"And that would be?"

"Try and error of course. We will make mistakes but will make up for it in a better way. We will keep on trying until we get back the sweet little Kiara!" Shivaay assured his wife.

"Because family don't give up on each other!" He ended, leaving a much more motivated Annika behind him to attend to their niece, scratch that, daughter to be.