|21| Dinner

"What's for dinner?" Annika asked as she entered the kitchen.

Both her son and husband turned to look at each and then turn to look Annika.

"Why are you both looking at me like this? I just asked what's for dinner and you guys...", Annika paused halfway as she sniffed of something burning.

"Did I just smell something burned?" She asked sternly.

"No! Not at all! The last time I checked, you burn foods! Not me!" Shivaay retorted.

"Then what's burning because I can clearly smell it?!"

"Our dinner!" Ansh giggled as he showed her the oven.

Annika opened it right away and was shocked to find their roasted chicken being burnt chicken. She turned towards Shivaay right away.

"I lost touch working in the kitchen... temperature zyada hogaya!" He pouted, melting Annika's heart.

"So, pizza it is then!" Annika announced and Ansh jumped in joy right away.

That night, as they were hitting the bed after tucking Ansh in, Annika asked, "You purposely burnt the chicken didn't you? So that I'll allow Ansh to have pizza?"

Shivaay smiled sheepishly, not wanting to lie to his wife and kissed her forehead.

"You're pampering your son too much and making me look like Lady Mogambo!" Annika sighed.