Sleep now, Darling (10#)

(sorta post apocalyptic or at least war has struck)

Screams.

That's all you could hear from miles away. The constant cries and anguish voices of death.
Meave Scamander whimpered in fear as her bedroom burned down to crisps. She ran navigating the old house she lived it with small legs bawling her eyes out. She ran into her parents bedroom to find no one there. She started breaking down and screaming before strong hands clasped around her shoulders and carired her downstairs.

"Mommy!" Meave exclaimed as she buried her head in the crook of her neck. She held tightly on her mother's arms. Time had aged Tina well. Her hair reached her waist and she wore a gold ring on her finger now. She also had this angel of a child to protect with her life. She was almost about to reach the front door when a ceiling plank plummeted in front of them. Meave screamed in fear. Tina rushed to her study with blinding speed, she hastily grabbed wand from her desk and apparated out of the crumbling house. As they appear outside Tina sucks breaths of air aggressively as she coughs the smoke out of her lungs. Meave went to her mother with panic as she tried to help her.

"Mama!" Her 5 year old daughter cried out to Tina. She had given her a small smile of reassurance. Tina stood on wobbly legs supported by her daughter. She had told Meave to take her to Esmeralda (Tina's good friend from work). They had found out they're entire town was under attack and that the Ministry was under lockdown. Tina frantically around to see people's houses burning to crisps. She bobbed her her head down and tightly held Meave's shoulder while walking to Esmeralda's house.

When the arrived they were glad it wasn't yet attacked. Tina knocked on her door anxiously, when it creaked slightly she saw the bright green eyes that stared back at her. In a sudden motion the door slammed open and a wand was pointed at them.

"Remove the disguise bastards." Her thick accent hissed at Tina. When she stared intently at her, Esmeralda's face softened.

"Tina? You should be at the ministry!"

"I am, I need a favor Esmeralda." Her voice steady and serious. Esmeralda nodded.

"I do owe you." She smiled softly.

" Please, take care of her. Please Elda," Tina begged with teary eyes. Fear flashed through Esmeralda's eyes. She nodded hesitantly. Tina knelt down to Meave height and hugged her tightly.

"Be good with Aunt Esmeralda okay my little Niffler?" Tina whispered soothingly into her daughter's ear.

"What about daddy?" Meave whimpered softly. Tina choked a little by the mention.

" Don't worry love. We'll both be here soon."

"I love you mama."

"I love you too..." She whispered sadly while moving a piece of hair out of her angel's face. Tears we're spilling out of both of their eyes. She stood to the sound of distant screams and cries, she stood forward to the fires in the distant. Tina took one more glance back to Esmeralda who was ushering Meave into her house. Esmeralda gave her an assuring nod.

"Be careful out there Tina."

***

Tina apparated herself into the lobby of the ministry of Magic. She quivered in the sullen loneliness and silence of the empty lobby. She quickly made her way up to the elevator. She realized that Red wasn't there. Chills ran up her spine and she clicked the bottom to the board room. The elevator creaked and pulsed untill the reached the hollow board room. She froze when she saw a flock of white hair in Madam Piquery's chair.

"Ah, Goldstein you sure know how to make people wait." He laughed with malice. She growled at the look of all the knocked out aurors littered across the board room, she noticed Abernathy was flown across the board table her anger ticked. He laughed even harder at her distressed face.

"Oh apologies! Its Scamander now isn't it? And your little kid right? Was I gone for that long?" He smiled grimly at her. Her eyes  were the size of dinner plates when he mentioned her family.

"Not long enough."

Tina swished our her wand and flicked a chair to Grindelwald.

"Arresto Momentum"

The chair fell half way and fell to ground. Tina grunted. She flicked more and more at an unbearable speed. Grindelwald looked slightly annoyed by the hurdling chairs and tables.

"Confingo"

Flames sprouted out and surrounded Tina. She hissed when they charred her blouse.

"Aqua Eructo!"

A gyser of water spewed out of Tina's wand and put out the raging fires. She wanted heavily as she was about to cast a spell before the building shook. Tina saw the cement and bricks move out of the wall and hurl themselves towards her.

"Depluso!

Tina flew the objects back at Grindelwald. He avoided them with ease and grace making Tina hurl in anger.

"You have been a worthy opponent Mrs.Scamander." his voice humble and almost sincere. Tina gave a frown.

"You and your meddling husband have been annoying enough. I'll make sure to send your daughter your remains." The ceiling broke off and crumbled on to Tina. She saw her uneventful life flash before her life, she saw all the memories she wished she could re-live pass. Her daughter's first steps, her wedding day, her family. She felt great ful for having them.

"Good Bye. Porpentina Scamander. "

"STOP"