Soulmates (8#)

A red string would be wrapped around a part of your body to signify your love life, it repersented the simplicity of it all. Just a red string. It would wrap around you and stay there waiting for someone, anyone. Queenie Goldstein was a very special girl. She had the ability to see these strings. She herself at a young age would travel all around her house and school to find her souldmate. People thought she was delusional as she walked around string at her wrist.

***

Tina was just a mess. She knew her sister could see strings and she would gush to her about her string. You see Tina was also special, she didn't have a string. Strings normally occur at the age of 3 and when they were 6 Queenie had described to Tina her predicament. Tina felt like a half of her was missing for years. She knew about how all these people around her had some sort of someone in their lives, someone to go to when something goes wrong or when they're sad. But Tina only had her sister, and she knew that she would leave her too.

Tina was always an over achiver. She was always best in her classes in Ilvermorny. She was a talented witch of her age and she was a natural at sports (very agile). But she lacked what most did, she lacked her other half. It was great having all these acomplishments in her life, but not having a life of her own was a bum. She attempted to hide her distress through work, bussying herself in paperwork and files. Until she met him.

Tina felt like a clog had been released from her chest. When she met the British author, Newt Scamander, she felt blown. He was her ideal, he was hard working and caring. He wasn't vain nor fake, he constantly looks out for her and very intelligent. Tina just wasn't sure about him. When she heard of Leta Lestrange, her self confidence and esteem went flying out a window. They way his eyes slanted when he looked at the picture or the melancholy in his voice made Tina's heart swell,

She never knew what love felt.

***

As years passed ,Queenie finally found her soulmate. A quite chubby man named Jacob. She knew for certain when she saw the red fabric against her wrist connect to the small string on his pointer finger. Queenie's life was already packaged and set for her. But when she thought back she remembered Tina.

On the night Jacob got obliviated and Newt left, it happened. As Queenie exited their room at night to make cocoa she saw Tina on the couch, her head resting peacefully and her hands on her stomach. As Queenie was getting the blanket she noticed a velvety string on her sister's pinky finger. Queenie freaked , in the morning, she ran to Tina and told her. Tina's eyes looked glassy as a smile grew on her face.

Tina oftened would just stare at her pinky most of the time. Queenie noted it was incredibly long as it traveled around the place. Tina just smiled saying she would wait, she would travel and wander countless distances just to find him.

She finally had a chance.

***

When Tina reached 26 and became head auror, she was sure she didn't need love. She was sucessful and could afford a bigger apartment for her and Queenie. She felt more content by herself than with anyone, she would say. Sometimes even joking on cutting the string, Queenie didn't like how her sister completely disregarded the fact that someone on the other side of the world could be waiting for her and she's just belitting their feelings. Tina frowned at this, saying two souls can't be soul mates if they haven't even met each other.

Queenie argued strongly against this. She believed in love, because she had it! Tina felt anger surged her veins, the jealousy was physically hurting her. She was jealous at her sister, she was jealous of people with lovers, she was jealous of the person all across the world who was happy. She hated her herself- not her sister. She stepped away from the heated argument. Ashamed and bare.

***

Newt never had time for love. Sure he loved his creatures— but they weren't his soul mates. He was sure he was completely done with love after his break up with Leta Lestrange. His heart had been scared enough, he didn't want to risk it breaking completely. He was one of the few who didn't believe in red strings who tied your fate. He thought it was just superstition, mostly it was because of his back fired attempt at love.

He never wanted to feel broken, nor to fall so hard without consequence. But he had to, again, when he met the american Author Porpentina Goldstein. She was the epitome of all Newt could ask. Se was bold, confident and a bit awkward. She was caring and soft as well and very beautiful. She was a perfect mix of attributes. But, she didn't show interest towards him. She was distant sometimes and often a but soft spoken, but it didn't stop her strong sense of justice. But hope sparked in him when he saw the flurry of emotions of her on his departure.

He just didn't want to be hurt again.

***

Newt's hope sky rocketed when he received a letter from his publisher about the publication. Newt was ecstatic. Not for the book though, more of the chance to see Tina again. He quickly packed his muggle things and rushed to the publishing company to receive the first copy. After a bit of hand shaking and thank you's, he booked the fastest boat to New York.

He was going to see her again.

***

Tina finished a tiring day of work. He legs and arms felt sore after an extreme chase with a illegal magical items dealer. They were tracking him for months before she and her team finally cornered. She walked down the road to her new apartment happily. Another regular day being Head Auror.

She felt a strange tugging on her pinky. She turned around to see who did that to await for no one. She turned back, brushing it off lightly. After a few more times of this happening she let out an annoyed huff.

"Look who ever's doing that! Please—" she stopped when she saw the face of freckled wonder look back at her. She gasped, unable to say words. She just smiled widely before engulfing him in a awkward hug. Which he gladly accepted. (Also he smelt like wet grass and the rainforest)

He chuckled lightly before bringing out a gold crested book with red linings. She looked back at him in shock. She giggled softly as she took in gingerly , their hands slightly brushing against each other.

"EEEEEHHHH!!!" She heard intense screeching coming from above her. She swiftly turned around to see Queenie at the window slit with a shocked expression.

"Queenie!?"

"Teenie! Your strings are connected!" She yelled happily clapping her hands in delight. She looked back at Newt, severely blushing and stammering.

"You're my soulmate?"