"What did you see?" (3#)

(after CoG)

Newt let out a frustrated groan. He wondered in all the people in the world why did it have to be him? He paced around in a oval outside of the door that Dumbledore, his brother,Nagini, Jacob and Tina were in. He still pondering the poor choices he made. Like why didn't he just react. Or why wasn't he fast enough. Newt just couldn't stop blaming himself for the horrifying experience everyone went through. 

He had hurt so many people by being idle and so dazed. He had hurt his brother because he couldn't convince his fiance to save herself. He couldn't help Nagini for he couldn't stop Grindelwald in time before he took Credence with him. He couldn't save Credence from his own  curiosity. He couldn't save Queenie, and in return he had hurt he best friend Jacob. But what made him tip was her.

Tina Goldstein, he never knew that he'd be so attached to her. He felt so responsible for her sadness ad pain. He just couldn't look at her without his heart squeezing into a pulp. Her eyes didn't have that sparkle and flare that they had , they look so dull and hurt. He just couldn't understand why he had such an attachment towards her. He had been thinking about her day and night. Seeing her face in his dreams, she would make his day better by just a thought of her. And now he felt all the responsibility for her. He had never felt this much conviction before. His vendetta was lingering on Grindelwald.

He heard shouting from inside the room. He could feel the thunder in her voice;like a scream in a valley. He turned around to see Tina storm out the room. He only got a glimpse but he could see dry damp stains on her cheeks along with blood shot, sunken eyes. She gave a short glance at Newt, he never felt so destroyed in his life when he saw her cry. She sped off in the other direction . Newt  silently trailed after her.

he was worried. Anyone can get lost in Hogwarts with the constantly changing stairways to  the endless hallways and catacombs, Tina didn't stand a chance alone by herself. Newt sprinted into a long hallway and quickly realized it wasn't the best option when he saw dozens of Hogwarts students gaping at him. One of them pointed him out and they started clustering him. Newt could see wisps of black hair leave the corridor. 

"You're Newton Scamander! I love your book! I've never found such vivid and detailed descriptions of graphorns or Thunderbirds!" A young livid girl fan girled on Newt. He could clearly see that she was just as interested in fantastic beats as much as he was. He smiled fondly and gave a very thoughtful thanks. There were others kids as well, he was just perplexed my the number of people that enjoyed his book. Bless Merlin, a teacher came in and  dismissed the students she gave him a quick smile. He quickly recognise Minerva Mcgonagall any day. He quickly  regained focus and ran into the intersection Tina was seen.

He was starting to loose hope, by now he was wondering around the school with no clue anymore. He groaned loudly, he randomly stepped into a classroom in a corridor he'd never been in before. He noticed the area though. A barren room with white pillars and a single whole body mirror in the middle. He quickly noticed a woman standing in front of it, Newt realised it was Tina. He also noted the room was the same room Dumbledore brought him in before.

The mirror of Erised...

He remembered an old memory from his years at Hogwarts. Dumbledore had brought him in here after a speech about him being his favored student. He told young Newt to look into the mirror. Newt did hesitantly , expecting to see himself but to his surprise he saw Leta. His best Friend. He saw him and her together holding hands. Newt's reflection stared him down in his own eyes, it looked so real. 

But now as he stood slightly away from Tina he could see his greatest desire. He saw a woman in clad. She looked stunning with her windswept hair and eyes. His heart yearned for the reflection, she smiled warmly at him with his book clutched in her arms. This was his greatest desire, a woman who stood right next to him. And she still looked as beautiful as she was in the mirror. 

"What are you seeing?" He asked timidly at Tina. Her head shot at him , flushed and shy. She smiled sadly.

"I see Queenie and I, with Mom and Dad were all there..." She said stiffly. She sniffled then wiped her new tears with her sleeve. She looked at him with her doe eyes.

"What did you see?" She asked

"Everything I've ever wanted." He replied