33.

Little Over One Year Later:

The sun streams through the window levels up the refurbished Avengers Tower. Logan stretches as she wakes, a warmth around her waist and tangled with her ankles, she hums a little and opens her eyes to stare ahead of herself, her eyes landing on a photo frame on the bedside table, one of Bruce and Robbie together in the labs a few floors down, both had been sat locked together staring at some kids science experiment but they'd both looked so peaceful she had to take a photo. Breath fans the back of her neck as her companion sighs sleepily.

"Sleep" Bruce complains behind her pulling her closer, she chuckles a little and turns to face him, her fingers finding his face to stroke the lines of it. He hasn't opened his eyes yet, not fully awake or aware. He's peaceful, beautiful. His skin ripples green a moment, not with anger, but with Hulk's own peace, they've come to understand the different appearances of the beast over the last year, his skin rippling like this, just a quick flutter, is the Hulk's peace shining through, his eyes flashing green along with a smirk is sexual attraction and usually leads to some...interesting sex. It had taken time and patience to get them to a more physical side of their relationship along with more then one type of birth control just to be sure but Bruce eventually felt like he could invest fully. He wanted to, more then anything, this was Logan, love of his life Logan, and he wanted to be able to give her everything. His hands turning green tend to be in annoyance with Tony, a worried green ripple in his neck when he watches Robbie use his powers, which have come on wonders in the last years, the safe and secure home proving to be a great motivator for progress. But of course this morning ripple is Logan's favourite. Because it means both Bruce and the Hulk are at peace with her. He hums as she touches his face, tracing over his cheeks. "Why are you awake?" he mumbles.

"Couldn't sleep" she whispers back, he peeks through an eye at her.

"What's wrong?" he asks her softly.

"Just this feeling I can't shake" she answers, he raises an eyebrow. "I don't know what it is" she admits and then sighs.

"Come here" Bruce holds open his arms and she shuffles closer to him, straddling his waist and resting against his chest, she hums softly and leans down to kiss him before she snuggles into his neck, letting his arms wrap around her back. "It's been a year" he offers. "Everything is quiet..." she sighs.

"Not really" she argues. "The whole SHIELD collapsing thing..." he snorts.

"Not our problem" he comments stroking his fingers down her spine.

"You're not worried that Hydra had all that information on you?" she asks lifting her head to look at him. "On me?" she adds and then looks away. "On Robbie?" he pauses and closes his eyes.

"Hydra is gone" he opens his eyes to look at her. "SHIELD is gone. There is nothing to worry about any more"

"Just angels, and demons, and vampires, and werewolves..." he chuckles a little and pulls her closer.

"I have you to protect me" he points out, she smiles and nods into his neck. "And you've managed to protect our son so far...." he strokes her side.

"It's not been easy" she admits. "And I've worked really hard"

"I know you have..." he assures her. "I'm so proud of you; he's such a great kid..." she lifts her head and smiles at him. "I mean it....I can never thank you enough for bringing him to me" he reaches up and strokes her cheek. "For giving me a son, I thought....I thought that part of my life was over" he smiles. "Oh it was only ever going to be you" he whisper warmly. "You're my unicorn" she stares at him and then laughs.

"Oh god" she states. "Robbie" she figures out easily. Bruce nods. "Kid needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut" she scolds teasingly, not at all upset with him. She sighs contentedly and looks down at Bruce. "You're my unicorn too" she admits. "It's only ever been you" she tells him. "You were my first...." she sighs softly.

"I plan on being your last" he adds.

"Don't say that unless you mean it" she argues.

"I mean it" he assures her holding her face in his hands. "You really think I'll walk away from you a second time?" he asks her. "Walk away from our son?" she stares at him. "I know...." he starts. "I know things didn't work out the last time, but that wasn't on you, and it wasn't on me..."

"It was a little on you" she whispers, he raises an eyebrow. "You got in the way of that Gamma machine..."

"Okay, fair" he agrees. "That was on me a little" he smiles. "But my point is that you and Robbie are all that matter to me now, the way it should have been"

................

Robbie wits at the table with Steve who listens to the boy telling him a story about werewolves, Steve is polite or actually interested as he hangs on the boys every word. Logan smiles a little seeing them, she always wonders if Robbie missed out on people, more then just hunters. Steve would have been a good role model, he will be one.

"Morning, baby" Logan greets kissing Robbie's head, Robbie smiles and looks to his mother.

"Morning" he offers glancing to Bruce as he joins them. Logan waves at Steve who smiles back around his mug of tea.

"So you back?" Bruce asks Steve who nods a little.

"For now..." Steve answers. "Just need a few days"

"You'll burn yourself out" Logan scolds. "And then what good will you be?" Steve gives her a small grateful smile, glad someone is looking out for him. "Where's your friend?"

"Sam?" Steve asks. "Sleeping" Steve motions behind him. "He crashed when we arrived back..."

"I'll take him some breakfast" Logan offers. "After I've finished mine" Logan smiles stroking Robbie's hair, the elevator pinging open behind them. Bruce's eyes widen slightly at what he sees behind her.

"Logan" Bruce whispers touching her arm, she look to him, his eyes still behind her, she frowns and turns to see what is going on, her smile fading as she stands. Dean is stood, alive and well next to Sam.

"Logan" Dean whispers, Logan stares at her big brother who gives her a small smile. She curls and uncurls her fingers at her side. "Hey" Dean adds.