19.

A/N - THOSE OF YOU THAT READ THIS BACK ON MY OTHER PROFILE, WILL KNOW THAT I TEASED A SURPRISE FOR THIS STORY. WELL....HERE IT COMES. 

The impala pulls up outside a small cabin outside a small town, without the use of the SHIELD quinjet it had taken them 26 hours to reach their destination, 11 hours from Rufus' cabin. A teenager sits on the porch smoking watching the small sand pit and swing set across the yard. Dean spots their target first. Playing with children, wrapped up in plaid and jeans. Sam smiles and shakes his head before turning to the back seats. He gently wakes Logan who sleeps curled up against the car window.

"Hey" he states. "We're here" she rubs at her eyes and then cringes grabbing her side.

"Yeah?" she asks, Sam nods and points out the window, Logan shifts along the bench and smiles seeing her target. It's one of those smiles, a rare one for Logan, pure, not forced, not pained, but loving and kind. She pushes open the door of the car and steps out. All her pain forgotten for this moment, she crosses the dirt as Sam and Dean follow, slower, letting her have this moment. "Robbie" Logan whispers taking sure steps forward, ahead of her, it feels like forever since she's seen him, touched him, held him and in reality it's been less then a months. But there he is. The utter love of her life. As if sensing her presence he looks to her and smiles, recognition and longing crossing his features. He takes steps towards her, abandoning his friends for her, a few steps, checking she's not going to vanish on him and then he's running towards her. His curly mop of dark hair bouncing away against his head, anti-possession necklace around his neck. "Robbie" she repeats louder, for him to hear.

"Mommy!" Logan crouches and catches the 6 ½ year old that launches himself at Logan, she closes her eyes and clutches him to her as she stands. Robert 'Robbie' Banner-Winchester. Her pride. Her joy. Her love. "You came back" he whispers to her relieved.

"You know I always will" she assures her son who threads his fingers into her hair. Logan looks to Sam and Dean who smile back at her, knowing how hard this had been for her. Not just the last week. But the last 7 + years have been hard for her. Loosing Bruce. Finding out she was pregnant. Telling John. Going through the pregnancy. And then giving birth alone, her brothers had been in Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin when she'd gone into labour. Then she had to watch as John took her son away from her. Told her it was for the best. And then he too left her. Leaving her to recover alone. The months following she grieved, she partied, she drank and she slept with men. And then after John died Logan didn't hesitate. She found her son and she took him back. 8 months later. She's never looked back, never questioned the way she's raised him because he's a happy kid. Logan release Robbie and sets him down, he instantly turns to his uncles.

"Ready to blow this popsicle stand, little man?" Dean asks holding out his hand, Robbie slaps it and then he and Dean do an intricate handshake which end with the two of them laughing. Logan glances around at the other kids here. She'd first come across the hunter day care by chance. A place where hunters can leave their children for a few days whilst they went off on hunts. It had been Bobby to lead Logan to it actually, a friend or a friend of a friend ran it with her husband and own children, hunters themselves, and raised by hunters they understood the struggle, set up the cabin

"Let me go say goodbye to Genie and grab your stuff" Logan tells Robbie who nods. "Why don't you do say bye to your friends?" She asks him, Robbie nods and kisses her cheek before running back to his friends. Logan tugs her jacket closer and then heads into the cabin to find Genie, usually in the living room with the younger kids.

.......

Logan touches the drawing on Robbie's bed and smiles, it's clearly Dean and the Impala. She sits down and touches the edges of the paper. Whilst smart, crazy smart, Robbie's intelligence comes out in artistic talent. And Robbie is damn artistic and imaginative.