Pain Of The Past

Author's Note! No POVs today. Sorry, but I think the chapter is better without them.

Noah dabbed the pale cream onto his neck and some of his face. 

"Cover up the pain..." Noah told himself. People put on make up to hide pimples, or for a speacial event, maybe even for everyday life. Noah isn't one of those people. He apples make up onto his skin to hide the pain of the past. It used to take him a while to get good coverage on a cartoon spot of his neck, but he had found the right brands and techniques over the years. Noah looked at his kitchen and almost passed out.

"I'm skipping breakfast..." Noah thought. He hopped into his pink Ferrari and drove away. Noah pulled up to the Smoffice.  Noah passed Keith's office and almost fell apart. He could never be with him. Niah sighed and move along to his office. 

Noah coughed and coughed. He stomach ached. His eyes were bloodshot. 

"Noah... It's 9PM? What are you still doing here?" Ian asked, as he was the only one there besides Noah. He was always there late. 

"Oh. I didn't notice the time!" Noah chuckled. 

"Well, You should go home." Ian advised.

"Why don't you go home earlier?" Curious little Noah asked. Ian could see the pure curiosity in Noah's sparkling emerald green eyes. 

"I'm actually going home right now." Ian admitted, smiling. 

"Alright, Alright, I'll pack up and go." Noah surrendered.  Noah packed up his things. He took his laptop and his  cellphone. Noah headed out of the door when he jerked to a stop. He felt a sudden pain in his neck. Noah ran into his car and drove. Noah was turning the wheel with one hand and grabbing his neck with the other. Blood seeped between his fingers. Noah pulled over to the right side of the street. Noah swung open his door and flew out. He slammed his door shut behind him and ran to the strong, tall, wooden door. Noah reached the front steps and punched the doorbell with so much force, he thought that his fist was going to break the wall. Luckily, It didn't. Noah dropped to his knees. As the door opened. 

"Noah!" Keith yelled in shock. Keith lifted Noah up to his feet. Keith didn't care that he had Noah's blood all over his white T-shirt. Keith laid Noah on the couch and sprinted to his kitchen. Honestly, Keith would've ran a million miles in order to save Noah. Keith grabbed a cloth and some white bandages. Keith dabbed Noah's neck. Being careful not to choke Noah, Keith wrapped Noah's neck with white mummy bandages. Noah's world spun. He went in and out of conscious. One moment Noah could be Sleeping bloody, and the next he could be Katy Perry. Noah was shaken awake.

"Keith?" Noah asked. 

"It's okay..." Keith comforted. 

"Keith, Can I confess something?" Noah asked. 

"Of course." Keith replied, a gentle look in his eyes. Noah slowly unraveled the white bandages. Keith went to stop Noah but Noah shook his head. Noah  finished unraveling the last bit on bandage. Noah revealed the 3 inch scar on his neck. 

"What happened?" Keith asked, his tone flooded with concern. 

"M-my d-da-d." Noah struggled to find his words. He stuttered through them. He started struggling to breathe. His muscles grew tight. Noah felt as if his lungs were deflating. His eyes began to flood.  Noah's insecurities flew out of where he once kept them. Noah felt his waist. Noah felt a hand on his shoulder. He began breathing better. His muscles relaxed. Noah felt as if his lungs were inflating. Noah let the water roll out. Noah felt okay, but not happy. 

"It's okay, Noah. People love you." Keith comforted.

"Who? The only person that ever loved me is dead! Mathew is dead!" Noah sobbed. His heart shattered. Keith knew exactly who Mathew was. He is dead now, but he isn't forgotten. He never will be. 

"I do." Keith spoke. His soft words shocked Noah. Keith spoke again. " I love you."