017. TRICKSTERS

☆☆☆

ONE MOMENT, IT TAKES ONE MOMENT FOR SOMEONE TO BELIEVE IN ONE THING AND THEN THE COMEPLTE OPPOSITE THE NEXT. When Bella first met Harrison Wells, he was just another famous face in advertisements and books, then he was the man who caused the Particle Accelerator incident, then he became a close friend, mentor and team member. Now, she didn't even know who the man really was.

Barry pulled down a projector in the same board where he would have his own mothers murder case, "All right, this is everything that we know about Harrison Wells, which is actually not a lot."

"Didn't you read a whole book about him?" Joe asked from his place beside a desk.

"Yeah, 600 pages, and the big takeaway is, he's enigmatic." Barry nodded his head while talking really fast.

They stood in Barry's lab at CCPD seeing it was the only place where they could talk and do some sort of investigating without anyone other than the three of them to come. Cisco would only come incase of emergencies, Caitlin wouldn't dare come unless she was invited or with company, Eddie rarely came to Barry's lab, Iris was busy with other stuff, and Wells was . . . a special case.

Joe spoke up, "Your mom was killed by a speedster. Wells' machine turned you into a speedster. That's way too many coincidences for this old cop."

"Not just that," Bella spoke up, "but what are the chances of there being so many houses and out of all of them being my dad's. The two speedsters are fighting around grandma Nora, a fight that happens for more than five seconds when in can take a fraction of a second for a speedster to stab her. This was personal, and how many people do you know have knowledge of metahumans and knows my dad personally?"

Both Barry and Joe looked at Bella with furrowed eyebrows which she responded with a single lifted one of her own, "The man in yellow messed with my family, it's all the motivation I need to become an expert in this case."

Holding their hands up in surrender both Joe and Barry give a look that says, lets not mess with her for a while. One thing that both men have learned during the time Bella has been living with them is that when she had her mind set on something it takes a lot to get her out of it. Each week she was set on not bothering to clean up her room until Saturday morning where she would wake up in the earliest of mornings, blaring her music until she could become def, and clean her bedroom from top to bottom and in every corner that even a germophobic would spill food in any surface and still eat it.

Then she moved on to the whole house.

"Stop looking at me like I'm going to kill the both of you." Bella said, snapping both adult man out of their trance, "Even if I did I'm not that dumb. I wouldn't leave any evidence and much even less here where I'm surrounded by police people."

"Remind me to never get on your bad side." Joe joked as he looked at Bella with a new sense of intimidation while all Barry could think about was the fact that Bella was just as intimidating as her mother. He could never be that amount of intimidating.

"Can we go back to the case before you guys make me feel more like an animal at a zoo?" Bella asked as her confidence fell and began shifting from foot to foot hugging herself.

Now that, she did get from him.

Barry smiled before he sat down beside Joe in a chair as he his mind wondered off, "Do you guys think that he wanted me to become The Flash?"

Joe shrugged for a moment, "Everything he's done since that night you got struck by lightning, bringing you to S. T. A. R. Labs, giving you the suit, training you, it's all been to keep you safe."