Chapter 10

Special thanks to Allegra-Bogess for giving me the idea for the breakfast scene. Thanks, Allegra! If any of you have an ideas or ideas for my book, please let me know by commenting or PM-ing me! I love it when you guys do that, as it helps me publish chapters faster.

----------------------------------------

I woke up at around 6:30 the next morning. I slept well, so I decided to get up. I pulled on a green top, dark jeans, and some slippers and went downstairs.

I saw that Erik wasn't up yet, as I checked the music room and a couple of other rooms. I sit down at the kitchen table thinking about what I was going to say to him. Good morning, Erik. I love you. Nah, too casual. Erik, I love you with all that I have. Too girlish-crush. I sighed, than an idea popped in my head. I could make him breakfast and tell him after!

I move towards the fridge and open the fridge door. There was eggs, a little bit of cheese, and a small package of bacon. Perfect! I take the bacon out and start cooking it in a skillet. I open a door that looks like a pantry and I find some bread, so I slice that up and put it on the toaster.

On my way out of the pantry, I accidently slam my finger in the door. I bite my lip and hope Erik didn't hear my yelp or the door slamming. I go back to cooking when I see Erik a few mere inches from me.

"Hi Erik." I say, disapointed that he woke up without having breakfast ready. "You can sit down. Breakfast will be ready soon." 

"Christine, are you hurt?" Erik asked kindly.

"Oh, I just slammed my finger in the door. I am fine." My finger was throbbing, but I didn't want him to worry about it. Ugh, everything always get in the way of everything that I do!

"Let me be the judge of that." Taking my hand, he looks at my finger and sighs. "Christine, you are not fine. Let's get an ice pack, and I will cook the meal."

He moves over to the freezer and retreives a small ice pack. Handing it over to me, I put it on my finger and feel relief almost instantly. 

"Erik, why don't we cook together? I really wanted to do this for you."

"Fine, but I don't want you lift anything to heavy with your hurt hand." Erik replies, turning over the bacon.

I hear the toaster pop and move over to butter the toast. I butter it on a plate and lay it on the table. I suddenly remember my eggs. I rush over to the pan and see perfectly cooked scrambled eggs. Erik must have seen them and cooked it.

We move over to the table and begin eating. I silently say the blessing, and put some food on my plate. Erik only eats a few small bites. His mask gets in the way, I think. We are finshing up, and that's when I decide to tell him.

"Erik? I need to tell you something." I say nervously. Will he believe me or not?

"Yes?" Erik replies, a glance of worry over his face.

"Erik, I think I'm beginning to love you." I blurt out. He looks startled, than confused, and than happy.

"Christine, you can not love me. I'm a monster, an ugly monster."

"Why do you say such things about yourself? I do love you. If you do not accept that, fine." I huff, moving to clear the dishes. He pins my arm down, and looks in my eyes.

"I love you too, Christine. I'm sorry." Lifting my face to level with his, he slowly moves in to kiss me. I don't try to stop him. We kiss for a few seconds, and than Erik breaks free and starts clearing the dishes. I sigh, wishing that the kiss was longer. I move over to help him.

--------------------------------------

Over the next couple of weeks, I discover that Erik was playful and fun when he wanted to be. On one of those days, I hid somewhere to see if he would go looking for me. He found me almost immediently, and scolded me for hiding under the sofa, where the sofa could have collasped on me. I huff and turned away. He moves over to my face and kisses me.

"Am I forgiven?" He murmurs. I huff again and sigh,

"Well, I suppose so." I say, before I took off to the music room. He chuckles and follows me.

Erik was also kind, sweet and compassionate. The only thing that was left was that I hadn't seen underneath the mask.

We were singing in the music room when I reached over and took...

Took off the mask.

----------------------------------

Dunh, dunh, dunh! Cliffhanger! I hope you all truly liked this chapter. My thanks goes out to everyone of you who read, voted, and reviewed my book. You guys are really sweet, so thanks. I hope to publish another chapter soon.

Phantom_Christine_5